January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see Patrick Roberts has signed for Sunderland. Remember him?
A great example a promising youth player going on to do absolutely nothing. 19 games for Fulham then a £12m move to City. 1 game for them before years of loans. The best part of his career was at Celtic when they were the only team in the league before dropping back to the lower leagues.

When people piss their pants because we don't promote all our youth, this is why.

Went to my son's school in Wimbledon.

Most young players should stay clear of the top 6 clubs because the likelihood of them succeeding, especially when they are bought from a smaller club is very low.

It's hard to decline what looks to intents and purposes as a great offer but unless you are exceptional; Ronaldo, Bale, Rooney, Alli to a large extent for 3 or 4 years, it's simply too much of a jump and an ask.

It's quite obvious Adama happens in the next few days then we have 5-7 days to get in a CM - likely Kessie or McKennie.

We'll keep Bergwijn as the back up striker(as well as Son/Lucas)

Ndombele will go to PSG on Loan and if we can find clubs for Dele, Doherty, Tanganga and Rodon we'll let them go and focus on LCB (Torres) and a Forward (??) in the summer.

Close the thread

you're welcome.

Who is this? Is he reliable??

I have never heard of him but I am going to assume that he is the most reliable journalist in the UK that is best friends with both Daniel Levy and that terrifying woman that runs Newcastle and thus this information is 100% rock solid reliable.

Call me crazy....

but Carlos seems like a totally unncessary purchase.

right footed CB.

Sanchez has been good and Romero is coming back.

surely we're better properly going after Torres in the summer?

focus on CM this window which is much more pressing?

I have never heard of him but I am going to assume that he is the most reliable journalist in the UK that is best friends with both Daniel Levy and that terrifying woman that runs Newcastle and thus this information is 100% rock solid reliable.
Thank you, yes, Amanda Staveley is absolutely the scariest looking person I’ve ever seen!

Plastic surgery gone horribly wrong, right?

Thank you, yes, Amanda Staveley is absolutely the scariest looking person I’ve ever seen!

Plastic surgery gone horribly wrong, right?

From this:
795a151a-ce3b-11e7-947e-f1ea5435bcc7

To this:

0_GettyImages-1352674454.jpg

Call me crazy....

but Carlos seems like a totally unncessary purchase.

right footed CB.

Sanchez has been good and Romero is coming back.

surely we're better properly going after Torres in the summer?

focus on CM this window which is much more pressing?

I think Carlos plays on the left doesn't he?

I am not sure he is the right fit based on reports about how aggressive he is and us already having a player like that in Romero but I think he would come in to play on the left if he did come.

I also think that the rumours are based more on talk from the summer than actual a likelihood of us getting him.

I see Patrick Roberts has signed for Sunderland. Remember him?
A great example a promising youth player going on to do absolutely nothing. 19 games for Fulham then a £12m move to City. 1 game for them before years of loans. The best part of his career was at Celtic when they were the only team in the league before dropping back to the lower leagues.

When people piss their pants because we don't promote all our youth, this is why.
Some just develop quicker at that level and don't push on happens more often than not

Back
Top Bottom