January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is, if it turns out well then his value increases massively.

If it doesn't go so great, I doubt his value would ever drop sub 10-15m.
In 3-4 years when his pace declines, he won’t be a PL player.

I don’t have a problem with bringing him in for 20 million but even if he succeeds he’s going to have 2-3 decent years and then fall off a cliff.

Kim Jong-Un Animation GIF by Moby

It’s true he’s a very sellable player. Durable, hard working, wages should be reasonable, has a reliable elite skill. It’s like a Peter Crouch or Andy Carroll, someone will want the thing they know he does.

We’re always stuck offloading potential total zeroes like Ndombele and Dele. But we could sell a Lucas or Hojbjerg for a reasonable price any time we wanted.

yeah, some mid to low team might see him as a necessity... but he'll have to want to go too...

Can Adama cross the ball?

What do you define as a cross? A Beckham-esq 45 yard cross from the halfway line?
Or running the ball into the penalty area and cutting it back for oncoming attackers to attack?
He doesn't need to get assists to be worthwhile. He needs to help us play put game in the opposition half more often. All he needs to do it give the ball to other players when he gets it there.

Frank Kessie then? Amazing player! But why wait till practically then end of the window - suspect another story put out by bald twat to deflect.

Everyone is waiting until the last week. They're all spending 3 weeks working out who is available and then trying to get the deals done.

hey, anyone else feel we're not sure of our transfers given bergwyn was off to ajax prior to a two minute streak.. and now is 'important' to the team? Did he sort of do a Moura? ( a la Amsterdam)

hey, anyone else feel we're not sure of our transfers given bergwyn was off to ajax prior to a two minute streak.. and now is 'important' to the team? Did he sort of do a Moura? ( a la Amsterdam)
I'm not sure Conte ever wanted rid of him. Has always talked about him bringing talents that no-one else in the squad does.

Frank Kessie then? Amazing player! But why wait till practically then end of the window - suspect another story put out by bald twat to deflect.

Because as I said that's when the cheaper deals get done, players, agents, clubs get desperate - there's more money going around, the vast majority of clubs leave their business late because they are trying to run a sustainable busines, it's not just us.

Back
Top Bottom