January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Courtesy stevee stevee

Go to the image you want and left click to go to that image.
Right click on image you want (brings up little menu)
Click on "copy image address"
Back to forum
On the menu bar at top of where you post your message, click on the little picture icon.
a box with "http" will appear
right click
click on "paste"
click "insert"
Job done.
getty_469566889_105923.jpg

Jack Clarke the most pointless player ever
Long before he was ever linked to us, I watched one match with him and thought he was the absolute nut. Was Leeds v Derby and I was only watching because of the Bielsa spygate rubbish, and Clarke, at this point 18 I think, was phenomenal. Genuinely though I was watching the new Bale.

Not sure what happened between then and the moment he signed for us, but clearly I misjudged that one. Honestly though, The talent was prodigious that day, wasn’t just speed and ball skill but that unquantifiable verve that you never see outside of the top players.

Long before he was ever linked to us, I watched one match with him and thought he was the absolute nut. Was Leeds v Derby and I was only watching because of the Bielsa spygate rubbish, and Clarke, at this point 18 I think, was phenomenal. Genuinely though I was watching the new Bale.

Not sure what happened between then and the moment he signed for us, but clearly I misjudged that one. Honestly though, The talent was prodigious that day, wasn’t just speed and ball skill but that unquantifiable verve that you never see outside of the top players.
Never been the same since he collapsed.

Who would be positioned better than Spurs? We'd be the largest club with the highest capacity in by far the largest urban area included in that league. Spam would be well off in that league as well.

I don't really understand why you think we would struggle, its irrational.
None of it is as simple as you’re making out. It would be an absolute tragedy if the English football pyramid were to separate, whichever side of the schism Spurs were on.

Nothing is the same on the other side of that.

In the highly unlikely event the two Mancs, Chelsea, the Scousers leave the Premier League and take the TV money with them we're fucked. The new stadium is secured against future income from competing at the highest level with all the income that comes with it.

If the Premier League is no longer the highest level and the TV and Sponsorship goes we're fucked.

But it's not happening.
Not as fucked as you would think. What would the interest be in foreclosing on the stadium? Assuming you can't foreclose on the stadium and get the ESL to let you in with a startup franchise, the property is worth far more as a stadium than anything else that would require significant cost to renovate/rebuild.

The bank securing the current loans would basically become the LLDC, they'd be holding an albatross with no other recourse than to restructure the terms to something that financially feasible for a tenant.

Now, they may foreclose on the stadium, take it over in any restructure, then lease it back to the club. But they wouldn't be likely to displace the club - the only way the bank could ever hope to get its money back would be to keep football in the stadium.

I'll wait while you say the NFL would come it, which isn't ever going to happen despite how often you all talk about it.

None of it is as simple as you’re making out. It would be an absolute tragedy if the English football pyramid were to separate, whichever side of the schism Spurs were on.

Nothing is the same on the other side of that.
The tragedy was when the English football pyramid separated. In February 1992. Everything in the 30 years since has merely been the wake before the funeral.

Football died when the Premier League was founded.

Does anyone actually believe that the actors that very nearly breathed life into the ESL less than a year ago have just given the thought up for good? Naive. They're just working on a better plan that's less tenuous.

Back
Top Bottom