January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

luis suarez GIF

Good, people see how we wasted our money on Celso & Ndombele out are never available and say Traore has no end product

This kid is both, always Injured with no end product

We're Lo Celso and Ndombele bad signings? At the time I thought so, but I never imagined it would be poor attitude that would let us down.

Erikson out, Lo Celso in ? This was clearly never going to work. GLC never had a good record of goal assists and it was clear from him play that he holds on to the ball too long to be successful in the EPL. He has never shown any long passing ability.

Ndombele.....Wonderful I hear you all say. Exactly what we needed. So my first question - Is he a Dembele replacement - to which everyone replies NO because his workrate off the ball is poor..... OK, is he a number 10? Clearly NOT. Never got more than a couple of goals a season and never double digit assists - in a tin pot league.

We're hearing rumours now of Kessie coming in - a player who scored 13 and assisted 6 in La Liga last year....Which for somebody playing Defensive midfield is great and would seem a perfect player to partner with Holjberg / Skipp / Winks and a rotating midfield, with Sarr also coming in the summer (end of the road for Winks?)

My fear is that Levy will feel stung by the Lo Celso and Ndombele moves, and now be reluctant to spend such money again.

However, we have have legit one of the top 5 managers in the world at the club. If he doesn’t back him, then I really dread to think what will happen to Conte, the players and how us fans will react. The last 3 years has been a calamity, but he doesn’t seem to be learning or caring about it.

been saying this for a long time Levy invested £100M in 2 players that never produced anything and now worth maybe £40/50M plus his paid the wages so its cost Him around £80M
Levy won't want to trust a manager & "DoF" with that much money again
I assume Hitchen was the DoF at the time so I don't understand why Levy hasn't got rid of him

My fear is that Levy will feel stung by the Lo Celso and Ndombele moves, and now be reluctant to spend such money again.

100% he will.

The apologists have already latched onto saying that spending money doesn't mean much look at Ndombele and Lo Celso, Levy is smart not to buy guys.

It has the same effect as "doing a Leeds" does now.

Levy will definitely use it as an excuse as well.

100% he will.

The apologists have already latched onto saying that spending money doesn't mean much look at Ndombele and Lo Celso, Levy is smart not to buy guys.

It has the same effect as "doing a Leeds" does now.

Levy will definitely use it as an excuse as well.
I think the term doing a Leeds can or needs to change to doing a Tottenham.
I wonder what today will bring a few days left and looking less likely our manager will get what he wants.

I think the term doing a Leeds can or needs to change to doing a Tottenham.
I wonder what today will bring a few days left and looking less likely our manager will get what he wants.

The only difference is owners will want to do a Tottenham.

Cashing in on a clubs name. history, fan base, location and size to increase their own personal wealth while having to achieve zero football success with minimal spending and no risk will sound very good to rich guys with zero morals.

Instead of doing a “Leeds “ and going all in on champions league or bust perhaps doing a “Tottenham “ will mean not investing when qualification is within your grasp and only a couple of players are required in n this window.

We need players in, but the only deal that was done in the last week by premier league clubs was Villa bringing in a back up goalie on loan.

Seems like the whole market is just frozen and probably needs a few big deals to get it moving yet they don’t seem to be materialising. If we manage to improve the squad it really should give us an upper hand and boost for the rest of the season if other teams can’t.

Back
Top Bottom