January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DL would love to sell, he has for some time wanted this but no one has been found who would meet his price….

He would also believe it or not love for Spurs to be successful and be winning things because despite his off field successes with the new stadium and the training set up, his legacy would be forever tainted and remembered for what his tenure didnt achieve…

Lets be honest he could have easily sold out by now for a lesser price but for still an amazing profit, spend more time in his Bahaman home and be done…but he hasnt, why not? For the agro? The extra few hundred mil? Or because his ultimate goal he has still not achieved….
Load of shite

This article is totally rubbish. It really looks as if the author of this article either does not know anything about football or just wants to make Sarr look as bad as possible - or both.
Below are his stats for this season:

I just looked up his stats for this season (Metz have played 20 games):
Sarr has played 18 games. Started 15 games, sub 3. 1250 minutes altogether.
Scored 1 and 1 assist
He has 5 yellow cards, so he's missed at least 1 game due to cards.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/403859/Show/Pape-Sarr

OverallHomeAway
TournamentAppsMinsGoalsAssistsYelRedSpGPS%AerialsWonMotMRating
Ligue 113(5)1250115-182.91.1-6.43
Total / Average1812501150182.91.106.43
He's a good young player, has lots of tools that make it look like he could become a very good PL midfielder in time. Gil too. Emerson looks a decent RB, poor RWB. Romero will be great for us imo.

Our transfer window looked okay for a team that would build back to a high level over 2/3 years, primed for whatever manager came in post Nuno. When you replace Nuno with Conte, and the imperative is "to contend now and win next year" the tone of that window changes, and we're left without high end quality in most positions.

7dGYeuP.jpg

From a buyers P.O.V. sure; however this topic (from a disgruntled fan perspective) fundamentally hangs on ENICs motovation to sell......

Every bit of debt paid in the meantime is effectively money in their pocket come sale time.
But don’t you think £2.5b ( not including the debt ) is unreasonable , they are adding the debt as part of its valuation & it’s a debt that doesn’t belong to ENIC .

Chavs are currently valued at £2.5b

I hope for the best but expect the worst. Expect some big names thrown around at the end of the window only to be told, too difficult, not enough time, couldn’t raise enough funds.

if we keep hearing the ‘sell first before bringing in replacements’ line nothing will fucking change. It’s a simple as that. Until ENIC change their mindset as to how they value and move players on we are stuck in limbo.
It's even more nauseating on the back of yesterday's news of the club investing in a new block of flats and a cinema.
We used to be a football club

But don’t you think £2.5b ( not including the debt ) is unreasonable , they are adding the debt as part of its valuation & it’s a debt that doesn’t belong to ENIC .

Chavs are currently valued at £2.5b
They can't actually take the value of the stadium. Imagine selling a house with 90% mortgage for 100% market value and then the new owner has to pay the mortgage off.
I swear some of the comments like this come from 15 year olds with no concept of how these things work.
ENIC either:
Sell for the full value and have to pay off the debt, leaving the new owner(s) with no OS debt on anything or;
Sell for what they actually own leaving the new owners to pick up the outstanding debt.

There's no way even the richest people in the world would pay outright for the club, they'd rather pay a much smaller up front cost and then deal with the debt.

DL would love to sell, he has for some time wanted this but no one has been found who would meet his price….

He would also believe it or not love for Spurs to be successful and be winning things because despite his off field successes with the new stadium and the training set up, his legacy would be forever tainted and remembered for what his tenure didnt achieve…

Lets be honest he could have easily sold out by now for a lesser price but for still an amazing profit, spend more time in his Bahaman home and be done…but he hasnt, why not? For the agro? The extra few hundred mil? Or because his ultimate goal he has still not achieved….
Gooner I knew, accountant in Essex who spent a lot of time in our hospitality with DL as he’s besties with Paul K (godparents to kids level of love), told me earlier this year that DL has had us on the market for years but nobody sniffing at the price he wants.

Guy could’ve been flapping because he’s Woolwich and knew in Spurs, but found it interesting nonetheless.

Also reckons (his opinion, not anything he heard) Kane would be gone but DL got greedy on how much he wanted as he saw it as a potential game changing fee.

Gooner I knew, accountant in Essex who spent a lot of time in our hospitality with DL as he’s besties with Paul K (godparents to kids level of love), told me earlier this year that DL has had us on the market for years but nobody sniffing at the price he wants.

Guy could’ve been flapping because he’s Woolwich and knew in Spurs, but found it interesting nonetheless.

Also reckons (his opinion, not anything he heard) Kane would be gone but DL got greedy on how much he wanted as he saw it as a potential game changing fee.

As the point I raised earlier the market dictates the price, if he puts it on the market well overvalued no one’s is coming. I am 100% sure investment banks have already valued Spurs for billionaire clients and would know the fee or rough figure.

Daniel is waiting for a billionaire who wants Spurs at any price, basically hoping Bezos will become a big Tottenham fan.

They can't actually take the value of the stadium. Imagine selling a house with 90% mortgage for 100% market value and then the new owner has to pay the mortgage off.
I swear some of the comments like this come from 15 year olds with no concept of how these things work.
ENIC either:
Sell for the full value and have to pay off the debt, leaving the new owner(s) with no OS debt on anything or;
Sell for what they actually own leaving the new owners to pick up the outstanding debt.

There's no way even the richest people in the world would pay outright for the club, they'd rather pay a much smaller up front cost and then deal with the debt.
Where did I say anything different ? Or are you just confirming what I said

In my previous post I said they can’t add debt to the valuation

Pass on the debt or sell what they actually own

ENIC asked for £3.5b for the club including debt which was rightly refused

Didn’t ENIC offer us to the Saudis who bought toon but wanted 2.5b & an additional £1b “ add on fees “ whatever the hell that means

Eldridge investments took the proposal to the Saudis & they declined

I struggle to believe that. Why would the Saudis turn that deal down? It is probably about right price wiseand it would cost a lot less to make us successful than Newcastle.

I don't think we were linked to him when he was 17.
But your point sort of stands. There is little fact in journalism, it's mostly "connect the dots" reporting
I said almost 😁
Here are 2 "links": from 2017 and 2019 but there are much older links which I can't bother looking for now

Tottenham Hotspur have reportedly lodged an official bid for Borussia Dortmund defender Matthias Ginter.

The English giants Tottenham are emerging as the frontrunners to sign Dortmund’s Matthias Ginter.

According to a recent report from Sky Sports, Tottenham are interested in a move for Germany international Matthias Ginter.

Last edited:
Don't wanna cause uproar but ...........

Wish we could see Lewis's face, when Levy asked him to pony £50M up front and £25M over 5years (or whatever the asking sums are.

Just puts him in 'Oil Money Only' scope. If it's truly virtually 'Lump sum'.

Back
Top Bottom