January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ITK is dead.
SC is a forum of kids. They buy every little piece of bullshit that comes from the ‘ITKs’ so they all think ENIC are absolute saints who deserve no criticism at all. It’s such a perfect situation for a creative writer chancer; if you’re right people think you know something, if you’re wrong they all shout pinch of salt. If we ended up w these Juve rejects SC would be dancing in the street. It’s a shame JJ called it a day, he was the only ITK who actually definitely knew things

SC is a forum of kids. They buy every little piece of bullshit that comes from the ‘ITKs’ so they all think ENIC are absolute saints who deserve no criticism at all. It’s such a perfect situation for a creative writer chancer; if you’re right people think you know something, if you’re wrong they all shout pinch of salt. If we ended up w these Juve rejects SC would be dancing in the street. It’s a shame JJ called it a day, he was the only ITK who actually definitely knew things
Its not even ITK anymore. Its ATF (after the fact). They used to give info before transfers. Now they basically say we tried to buy X but Y and Z happened.

No they don’t want what’s best for the club or they wouldn’t be making pathetic excuses for the owners.

And the parasite comment was for the owners but I guess I agree with you it could apply to the apologists as well.
They clearly want what’s best for enic & levy.

How to save the window.

- huge deadline day bid for Dybala. An offer they cannot refuse.

- Neves from Wolves. Offer them Dele on loan for 50% wages.

Get it done Levy!

I'd be chuffed to bits with that even if we sacked off Dybala and just loaned Morata for 6 months instead.

Neves
+ loans for Morata, Kulu, Ambarat
+ the kid from Lewes.

Not dream-worthy, but a quality EPL-proven CM (who's used to playing in front of 3CBs!) would elevate this team so much.

Last edited:
I think it’s disgraceful you would call other spurs fans “parasites” when everyone wants what’s best for the club.

Taking out the rightness or wrongness of the beliefs (which will never be definitively settled) there’s only one side using over emotional language and calling people parasites and cunts.

That’s not the way to vent anger.
He didnt call any spurs fans parasites. Read it again.

Its not even ITK anymore. Its ATF (after the fact). They used to give info before transfers. Now they basically say we tried to buy X but Y and Z happened.
ATF is a good way to put it. The whole ‘we don’t give names bc we want it in the press’ thing sounds cool until you remember most of the time these transfer stories come out bc the agent wants it in the press, so clearly it can’t have mattered thattt much. The ITKs just want to live in the best of both worlds of journalism; one where they’re seen as insiders but also one where they’re above criticism or questioning. Lost count the amount of times I’d read Hercules or Trix shit on some journo when they’re the definition of a faceless internet person. At least Lyall puts his name to his shit. And don’t even get me started on the whole ‘we actually do know what’s going on, it’s just in our private group chat behind the scenes w the admins that none of you will ever get a sniff of seeing’. Anyways gotta run, Elon Musk just mugged off Boris in my WhatsApp group chat and Dwayne Johnson’s just stepped in to defend him.

What’s the strongest case you could make for Levy?
black and white vampire GIF

He's built a wealthy and infrastructurally solid club that is perched and ready for success under leadership that isn't ENIC.

He was also genuinely insightful in the business of football during the 00's and ahead of the curve on many trends in that moment.

Fair that... I wouldn't venture to claim much more than that myself.

I do tend to think however, that he's the significantly more football-concerned out of him & Lewis and if it wasn't for Levy we'd actually be treated more in line with Lewis's own personal indifference towards the football ops.

........One particular thing I value is that he's re-attached us with a lot of the history and culture surrounding the club that had been neglected around the club for a long time. For some time before ENIC's (i.e. presumably Levy's) arrival there was no connection with the club legends maintained and you'd walk round large amounts of WHL without seeing as much as an old B&W photo.

Last edited:
What’s the strongest case you could make for Levy?

He's shown that he is actually willing to spend on players, but has done himself in repeatedly by not putting together a competent scouting and talent acquisition set-up. I don't even know if he has a coherent vision and plan for what happens on the pitch; he talks attacking, entertaining football but we ended up with Nuno.

Oh sorry, you said strongest case :contefacepalm2:

I do tend to think however, that he's the significantly more football-concerned out of him & Lewis and if it wasn't for Levy we'd actually be treated more in line with Lewis's own personal indifference towards the football ops.
Levy and Lewis are in lockstep on the notion of a club with no money in and no money out spinning off as many real estate schemes to grow the empire as they can. That's the business model so long as ENIC owns the club.

Such is Lewis' lack of care for football, and unwillingness to live in London of course, that were Levy to no longer be in his post, the club would thus be run by a professional employee, as most clubs are on a day to day basis.

That doesn't solve the investment problem, but Levy's deficiencies as the chairman of a football club in 2022 are such that it would nonetheless leave us in a much stronger (and less exhausting to support) position.
........One particular thing I value is that he's re-attached us with a lot of the history and culture surrounding the club that had been neglected around the club for a long time. For some time before ENIC's (pressumbaly Levy!) arrival there was no connection with the club legends maintained and you'd walk round large amounts of WHL without seeing as much as an old B&W photo.
I can't speak to that era, but one thing that's impressive about the new stadium is the way in which it is very consciously built to correct and improve upon all of the things that suck about the Library.

The football rivalry isn't in his blood, but the business rivalry very much is. The North London Stadium Derby was decisively won by Levy.

Were there any game-changing commercial items left to pursue, perhaps it would be worth feeling differently. But there aren't. The ENIC project has concluded. Time to declare victory and walk away.

Back
Top Bottom