January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Werner makes total sense as cover for Son, with it being a loan if it comes off brilliant if not then he goes back , he fits the Ange profile quick hard working and plays a number of positions

That’s you looking at it with the hindsight of knowing that both Davies and Royal have stepped up and mitigated the injuries/suspension the way they have. And for as well as they’ve done we’ve been quite lucky over the last few games that we’ve played teams who didn’t always finish their chances.

Starting the season not having more than two senior centre backs was a massive gamble on the clubs behalf.
We don’t always finish our chances either.

I understand why people are nervous about Werner, but IMO his time at Chelsea has become underrated.

When he was leading the line under Tuchel the team finished the season well and obviously won the CL. Whilst he was really profligate and became the source of a lot of derision, his off ball movement and pace in behind was a huge asset for that Chelsea side and his wastefulness in front of goal was (IMO) compensated by the space he created for others with his unselfish off-ball movement.

If my memory of the timeline is correct, Tuchel replaced him with Lukaku in the starting XI that summer and they became a worse team because of that.

I’m not all over his form since he left Chelsea and it appears he hasn’t been the player he was at RB first time around, but as a low-risk gamble I’m ok with it and I can see him fitting with Ange’s system pretty well.

If it’s a choice between him and Jota I’m picking Werner all day long.

Wasn’t Salah a Flop at Chelsea? Not saying Tim is going to be like Salah but that club is toxic and Ange can cook!
Wasn't given a chance. There was always a player there. He was brilliant at Basel and I'm almost 100% positive Chelsea only signed him so we couldn't have him. No use for him, no need to buy him at the time. He'd played a blinder against us in the ropey league before he went to Chelsea and we were linked.
He played 13 league games at Chelsea. Not even sure many were starts.
If Ange has said yes to Werner, anyone on here saying no can get fucked.
You assume Ange has said yes. The proof will be if he actually uses Werner. If he's sat on the bench every week then he was opportunistic. Fact is, if he was any good at all, RBL wouldn't be loaning him out. He was a flash in the pan a few years ago. He was what everyone thought Kane would be.
Nor did salah or de bryun

If Ange wants him, get him in
See above IRO Salah, KDB was loaned out and barely kicked a ball at Chelsea. He didn't fail there simply because he wasn't there.
Yes. Stop gap for Son at Asia cup and hopefully the end for Richarlison at Tottenham as he is terrible.
Richarlison isn't terrible. I'm not his biggest fan but he's a fuck lot better than Werner.

I understand why people are nervous about Werner, but IMO his time at Chelsea has become underrated.

When he was leading the line under Tuchel the team finished the season well and obviously won the CL. Whilst he was really profligate and became the source of a lot of derision, his off ball movement and pace in behind was a huge asset for that Chelsea side and his wastefulness in front of goal was (IMO) compensated by the space he created for others with his unselfish off-ball movement.

If my memory of the timeline is correct, Tuchel replaced him with Lukaku in the starting XI that summer and they became a worse team because of that.

I’m not all over his form since he left Chelsea and it appears he hasn’t been the player he was at RB first time around, but as a low-risk gamble I’m ok with it and I can see him fitting with Ange’s system pretty well.

If it’s a choice between him and Jota I’m picking Werner all day long.
He's bang average. Richarlison without the odd moments of brilliance.

Back
Top Bottom