January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lads, here's a non-exhaustive list of decent to world class strikers who failed at Chelsea:

- Torres​
- Shevchenko​
- Eto'o​
- Morata​
- Crespo​
- Falcao​
- Kezman​
- Lukaku​
- Higuain​
- Pizarro​

Could also talk about Havertz, Joao Felix, Remy, Sturridge...

Not like poor Timo is the only one who flopped chez those chavvy criminal bastards. Knowing he didn't play in that golden era when they had Drogba, fucking JT, Cole...his numbers probs would've been way different.

How’s it gone since going back to RB?

Why are they prepared to let him go?

Werner on loan is a low risk move, but also shows that Ange doesn't trust Gil and Solomon.

Solomon he definitely likes, was a regular starter in the league before his injury. Gil yeah, we all know he’s not a PL player.

Ange has said no player comes in without his approval.

That doesn’t mean he wants him imo. I guess the guys offered him some options and you’d think Werner is pretty low down the list of ones he’d approve coming in

I don’t think a striker was a priority this window, with Veliz injured we may as well take a punt on someone like Werner. We all know that CB is the area where we are going to spend money.

I can see Ange getting a tune out of Werner, he is in his prime so still a player there, our quick movement up front and his pace could prove interesting for sure. As long as remembers where the net is. Glad there is a buy option too.

I am up for this, not because I think he is great but because he is clearly better than Bryan Gil for the LWF role. It’s an easy upgrade plus its a loan with option so if he is good we can buy if not fix in the summer.

That's a pretty good point.

We aren't signing a game changing LW in January. It just isn't going to happen. But we can't really go forward with Gil as our primary back up with all these injuries.

I don’t know, I’m not on the recruitment team.

I just would have thought our new data led recruitment team would have come up with someone better than a Chelsea reject that couldn’t hit a barn door the last time he played in the PL on loan.

Maybe they know better than you about who would be a good fit for Ange’s system.

Just saying.

Also very possible if not probable that we’re going for a target that’s not attainable til the summer and Werner represents a decent stop gap.

Ange said yes. That’s enough.

Back
Top Bottom