Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree. Toby should play alongside Tangay to help him. Dier is maybe a backup right back at best. Foyth is not up to it. JM has got a job on at the back. How can we score 2 goals at home and not even get a point. Replacing Toby and Jan is prob more important than another anonymous central midfielder.
We need a senior CB in his prime that Dav and Tanganga can work with and learn from.

Someone like Orban at Leipzig who is around the 27 mark and has a few years left before the legs start going. By which point Dav should hit his prime.

Maybe he could play DM - SOMEONE HAS GOT TO, we open up like the red sea before Moses. Dier doesn't do it anymore. Someone who reads the game and is happy to tackle and graft. Why do we have nobody to do this? We already have
Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Lamela etc and now we are linked with Forsberg and others. Let's sign someone who is not a sensational name but does a job. Rice, Soumare ? I would love to see Doucoure at Spurs.

I agree. Toby should play alongside Tangay to help him. Dier is maybe a backup right back at best. Foyth is not up to it. JM has got a job on at the back. How can we score 2 goals at home and not even get a point. Replacing Toby and Jan is prob more important than another anonymous central midfielder.
Toby shouldn’t play alongside anyone. He can’t jump, his positional sense has deserted him, and he can no longer read the game. He’s a poor defender these days and has been for a while now.

Got to love the football fans - one good game: “Woah he’s Godly, he’s the new Messi/Iniesta/Ledley King”. One bad game: “He’s so fucking shit, he’s never gonna make it”.

Had a decent debut against Liverpool and has been overrated to high heaven for weeks now. He got exposed for what he is.

He's a young CB being pulled into other positions to help out. Got to be half a dozen games into his senior/ professional career he deserves time.

Alderweireld, NEW CB, Sanchez & Tanganga with Dier helping out if he stays is good depth at CB. Just because he ain't week in, week out starter material at the moment let's not slate the young man just yet shall we?

Had a bad game but as a young player that has to be expected at times. Should be rested Wednesday but play next Saturday but not with Sanchez as CB. That CB pairing with Dier had never played together before and whilst we have to try out new formations it will take time for an understanding.

Things would've been much easier for him if he had a solid an experienced centre-back like Jonny Evans playing alongside him, not those clowns we are fielding these days.

I really had my hopes up for this guy. Not so sure anymore.
Whoa he had a bad game against a very good attacking side.
It might be he has to go out on loan but hopefully he can learn on the job.
He has pace and usually marks well. Missed tackles yesterday but come on, he has been a real surprise. Work with him or buy another failure from France.

Had a decent debut against Liverpool and has been overrated to high heaven for weeks now. He got exposed for what he is.
I remember when Stephen Carr looked like fish out of water and he ended up as captain. If you blood players, they either progress or fall away. I never fancied Walker-Peters but he had his chance. Let him have his chance and we will see. I do think that he will make it.

Back
Top Bottom