Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whoa he had a bad game against a very good attacking side.
It might be he has to go out on loan but hopefully he can learn on the job.
He has pace and usually marks well. Missed tackles yesterday but come on, he has been a real surprise. Work with him or buy another failure from France.
[/QU
Learn on the job? Whe are not doing that in the premier league surely

I remember when Stephen Carr looked like fish out of water and he ended up as captain. If you blood players, they either progress or fall away. I never fancied Walker-Peters but he had his chance. Let him have his chance and we will see. I do think that he will make it.
What is he gonna make? Either you are good enough or you are not. We can't have trials playing for and in champions league.

I remember when Stephen Carr looked like fish out of water and he ended up as captain. If you blood players, they either progress or fall away. I never fancied Walker-Peters but he had his chance. Let him have his chance and we will see. I do think that he will make it.
Agreed - that's why, in our current situation, Skipp & Parrott need some game time. You never know, Parrott might just be a revelation (or lucky).

Agreed but how else does he get to try if not in the PL? Patience.
As you understand me I understand you. But it is not how it works. You either good enough or you are not. We can't have the Wink, KWP, Skipp not taking their chances. If you tell me any one of those are the mustard top prem quality i have to break your heart. They just don't cut it.

As you understand me I understand you. But it is not how it works. You either good enough or you are not. We can't have the Wink, KWP, Skipp not taking their chances. If you tell me any one of those are the mustard top prem quality i have to break your heart. They just don't cut it.
Even JM knows that he has to develop 20% of his squad has to be developed or found young at a reasonable price. This is made worse by spending so much money on Ndombele, etc

Even JM knows that he has to develop 20% of his squad has to be developed or found young at a reasonable price. This is made worse by spending so much money on Ndombele, etc
In a way the spending we do is supposed to be tight yeah. Levy won't pay the price but when we do. We somehow always get it wrong.

Toby shouldn’t play alongside anyone. He can’t jump, his positional sense has deserted him, and he can no longer read the game. He’s a poor defender these days and has been for a while now.
Who would you start CB? I can’t see any viable alternative to Toby right now.

Japhet should only play CB alongside Jan or Tony for now. He’s young and needs coaching through the game, he’s not going to get that from Sanchez.

This guy is a talent I think, I want to see him get more mins. Just not in a situation where he’s playing alongside Dier and Sanchez and expected to perform like Ledley.

Tanganga and Sanchez/Dier.
Feels me with dread. You need an experienced head for organisation as much as anything.

Those combos won’t work. Appreciating both Toby and Jan have regressed significantly, we still need at least one of them starting for me.

Feels me with dread. You need an experienced head for organisation as much as anything.

Those combos won’t work. Appreciating both Toby and Jan have regressed significantly, we still need at least one of them starting for me.
And that’s fair enough. We’re not going to find a peak Toby/Jan combo anytime soon.

I'd rather Japhet and Sanchez/Dier as opposed to the Belgian bros at the moment.

They might make errors that Toby/Vert might not but the Belgians are also more likely to get skinned or take 4 years to close down a shot. Rather youthful chaos than ageing brokenness.

I'd rather Japhet and Sanchez/Dier as opposed to the Belgian bros at the moment.

They might make errors that Toby/Vert might not but the Belgians are also more likely to get skinned or take 4 years to close down a shot. Rather youthful chaos than ageing brokenness.

Dier I would like to get rid of or see on very rare occasions in cup games because he is not good enough.

Sanchez, as good as he is at defending, has almost no distribution skills. Can’t rely on Tanganga as our distributor at the back.

Which means we have to make use of at least one of the Belgians. CBs don’t just defend, they are crucial in starting the attack.

Back
Top Bottom