Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he will be a CB long-term but right now he's better at full-back. He is a bit naive sometimes and when he plays on the side it's not so bad if he makes a mistake.

His best game this season was still against Liverpool where he played as both RB and LB against Mane and Salah. His worst was Wolves at home where he played as a CB and made bad errors on all 3 goals.

One of the few positives of a remarkably shit season so far - hope he turns out good for us, we need it so much after the Foyth failure

I think he will be a CB long-term but right now he's better at full-back. He is a bit naive sometimes and when he plays on the side it's not so bad if he makes a mistake.

His best game this season was still against Liverpool where he played as both RB and LB against Mane and Salah. His worst was Wolves at home where he played as a CB and made bad errors on all 3 goals.

Didn't he make an error for Liverpools goal in his debut too?

Not that I'm bothered. An inexperienced younger who's been neglected by previous management will make mistakes. He's performed admirably overall.

J actually think his best game for us was Middlesbrough in the cup.

Didn't he make an error for Liverpools goal in his debut too?

Not that I'm bothered. An inexperienced younger who's been neglected by previous management will make mistakes. He's performed admirably overall.

J actually think his best game for us was Middlesbrough in the cup.
He did get done in by a wicked touch from Firmino.

Is it only me or is he a bit over-rated
Seems strong but when he's played at CB (His natural position) I've not been impressed with his 1v1 defending got done by Jiminez and Ings v S'hampton and Wolves.
He's done some good blocks and goal-line defending but his 1v1 defending leaves a lot to be desired for. Definetly nowhere near ready yet.

Is it only me or is he a bit over-rated
Seems strong but when he's played at CB (His natural position) I've not been impressed with his 1v1 defending got done by Jiminez and Ings v S'hampton and Wolves.
He's done some good blocks and goal-line defending but his 1v1 defending leaves a lot to be desired for. Definetly nowhere near ready yet.

He's a kid with a few sweet performances under his belt... Let him breath.

He's a kid with a few sweet performances under his belt... Let him breath.
Yeah because I said he's bad...
I'm here to be objective about players
he has his pro's and he has his con's and with his 1v1 defending very poor atm , I wouldn't be comfortable for him to start games..

I get this and agree, but, would it not be better to play him in his natural position (maybe a loan) so he can grew into it. No sense swapping him back to CB in a few years with less experience playing there. Right?

I get this and agree, but, would it not be better to play him in his natural position (maybe a loan) so he can grew into it. No sense swapping him back to CB in a few years with less experience playing there. Right?

Out pathway for young players is fucked... We need to sort this out pronto.

Onomah, KWP, Foyth, Skipp..... Tanganga (?).... Parrot (?)....

Japhet is physically well developed and will get stronger; I'd have no issue with him spending a year roughing it up in the championship.

The problem with loans is will the player get any more game time. KWP has only started once at Southampton. All depends on our transfer dealings. If KWP, Foyth, Vertonghen & Rose all leave we will not bring in that many replacements and will need him. Too early to decide.

The problem with loans is will the player get any more game time. KWP has only started once at Southampton. All depends on our transfer dealings. If KWP, Foyth, Vertonghen & Rose all leave we will not bring in that many replacements and will need him. Too early to decide.

Well in KWP & Foyth you're highlighting 2 players deeply affected by our failures in this area.

Sure, it's tricky, but not playing these players cos the games are too high stakes to experiment in is the plight of a team like us trying to maintain CL qualifying status.

We need to do something because just sitting on our hands and then expecting these lads to cut the mustard when the shit hits the fan with injuries just isn't realistic and in the meantime they're rotting.

Well in KWP & Foyth you're highlighting 2 players deeply affected by our failures in this area.

Sure, it's tricky, but not playing these players cos the games are too high stakes to experiment in is the plight of a team like us trying to maintain CL qualifying status.

We need to do something because just sitting on our hands and then expecting these lads to cut the mustard when the shit hits the fan with injuries just isn't realistic and in the meantime they're rotting.
I was really talking about the suggestion of Tanganga going on loan. Whilst he may benefit from it if he gets game time with others like KWP & Foyth likely to go then we might be a bit short.

Back
Top Bottom