Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what makes the Dier signing so frustrating and the Kim pursuit a little confusing.

All Kim seems to do is block playing time from a kid with actual potential in Tanganga.

Dier prevents us from getting a quality CB that could be rotated with Toby and Sanchez, as well as played with Tanganga in Cup competitions, Europa and potentially lower EPL teams.

A CB group of Toby, Sanchez, a new Cb like the rumoured Dias and Tanganga is a good group that allows us to compete and get Tanganga enough minutes, with the occasional game at RB as well. But now it looks like we will have a weak CB group that is also congested with Dier and Kim (assuming he is signed) in there doing nothing but blocking Tanganga and sucking.

If that is the case and he is anything less than the 4th choice CB I hope he is loaned out. I don't think it is ideal as we have seen that it can result in little playing time as the club has no ability to control this and I think Tanganga is potentially good enough to help us this season.

I disagree. Kim and Tanganga would be competing for minutes. Competition is good, especially in youth. 5 senior CBs is normal to have since you very often have one out due to injury and want to rotate between 4 for fatigue.

Us signing Dier means we don't have to outlay whatever little money we have with the pandemic that is better spent on a defensive mid, right back, and back up striker.

That's not even mentioning that Jan is likely gone, leaving us with 4 CBs.

I want Harry healthy. I'd much rather sign a senior back up striker (especially with Europa looking likely) than to let diers value go with a running down contract and be forced to sign another CB.

I disagree. Kim and Tanganga would be competing for minutes. Competition is good, especially in youth. 5 senior CBs is normal to have since you very often have one out due to injury and want to rotate between 4 for fatigue.

Us signing Dier means we don't have to outlay whatever little money we have with the pandemic that is better spent on a defensive mid, right back, and back up striker.

That's not even mentioning that Jan is likely gone, leaving us with 4 CBs.

I want Harry healthy. I'd much rather sign a senior back up striker (especially with Europa looking likely) than to let diers value go with a running down contract and be forced to sign another CB.

Kim is 23 soon to be 24 he is not youth. I would be more than happy if we brought in an actual young player, like the Oblak kid rumoured a week ago (I know the source is crap but that type of player), and have him compete with Tanganga. But bringing Kim in just prevents Tanganga getting minutes so we can give a poor CB minutes to see that he sucks.

Having Dier in a rotation with Toby and Sanchez means that we have a meh CB group with the potential to be bad if we get an injury to our 30+ year old CB (Toby) which seems very possible.

I think we could have got a decent price for Dier from a lower table team and used that money to get an actual quality CB in or bring in a youngster and have them and Tanganga rotate in when Sanchez or Toby need a break.

This is what makes the Dier signing so frustrating and the Kim pursuit a little confusing.

All Kim seems to do is block playing time from a kid with actual potential in Tanganga.

Dier prevents us from getting a quality CB that could be rotated with Toby and Sanchez, as well as played with Tanganga in Cup competitions, Europa and potentially lower EPL teams.

A CB group of Toby, Sanchez, a new Cb like the rumoured Dias and Tanganga is a good group that allows us to compete and get Tanganga enough minutes, with the occasional game at RB as well. But now it looks like we will have a weak CB group that is also congested with Dier and Kim (assuming he is signed) in there doing nothing but blocking Tanganga and sucking.

If that is the case and he is anything less than the 4th choice CB I hope he is loaned out. I don't think it is ideal as we have seen that it can result in little playing time as the club has no ability to control this and I think Tanganga is potentially good enough to help us this season.

Japh will compete for minutes across the back four, not just at CB. Expect to see a lot of him next season.

Kim is 23 soon to be 24 he is not youth. I would be more than happy if we brought in an actual young player, like the Oblak kid rumoured a week ago (I know the source is crap but that type of player), and have him compete with Tanganga. But bringing Kim in just prevents Tanganga getting minutes so we can give a poor CB minutes to see that he sucks.

Having Dier in a rotation with Toby and Sanchez means that we have a meh CB group with the potential to be bad if we get an injury to our 30+ year old CB (Toby) which seems very possible.

I think we could have got a decent price for Dier from a lower table team and used that money to get an actual quality CB in or bring in a youngster and have them and Tanganga rotate in when Sanchez or Toby need a break.
Foyth’s life matters

Back
Top Bottom