Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 21-year-old only made his debut in January and has recently signed a new 5-year contract extension with the club, but his agents latest comments will not be appreciated by Daniel Levy.

His agent Roberto di Fanti has suggested that he would want to push for a move in which Tanganga would move to his home country Italy. He said in quotes via Corriere dello Sport

“(Tanganga) has almost unique features: combining physical gifts, speed and technique. The only problem is that we have decided to stay with the Spurs, extending the contract until 2024.

Any potential suitor will have to deal with the London management. Obviously we all know the history of Napoli and for me, as an Italian, it would be a dream to bring Japhet there one day.”

Very rarely do you ever see a player's agent talking about a future move away from the club they have just signed a new five-year contract with, and di Fanti's comments will surely not go down well with Levy.

Tanganga has had a great breakthrough season, but with the emergence of Eric Dier at centre-back and the signing of Matt Doherty at right-back, it suggests the England Under-21 international is far from nailing down a starting spot.

Geezer needs a slap.

Self interested prick needs to have a word with himself if he thinks those comments so early in his contract will do JT any favours..... Ignorant twat doesn't seem to realise an EPL career stands to earn his client the most money.

Last edited:
Geezer needs a slap.

Self interested prick needs to have a word with himself if he thinks those comments so early in his contract will do him any favours..... Ignorant twat doesn't seem to realise an EPL career stands to earn his client the most money.
Yeah, dunno why he’s talking about what he wants to see, he needs to be concerned with what his client wants to do.

Has there been any insight as to where Tanganga will play? Will he bounce around like last season or have a more defined position?

If Aurier leaves, see him more as a RB. With the amount of games we have, he will get game time. If we have an injury crisis at CB, can see him getting some time there too but Alderweireld, Sanchez and Dier will be doing the rounds in that position. I think Tanga is one for the future.

Make or break season for Foyth as I do expect him to get some game time. CCV less so but they both need to step it up if they want to challenge for the first team. I can see Foyth leaving at the end of the season if there isn’t a marked improvement.

I honestly believe this lad has a fantastic future in front of him and could turn out to be a very valuable player to Spurs.
He appears to be a sensible young man who appreciates the support and opportunity he has been given and will do everything possible to repay the club with top class performances.
I'm certain by the end of this season he will have firmly made his mark upon the footballing world.

He's still out injured this from the boss:

"Japhet is missing [for Sunday's game against Everton]. He had an important injury in pre-season and he will still be away for a few more weeks," explained the Spurs boss.

"It's quite an important injury in a tendon. It takes time. Young guy, no risk. We have Aurier, Doherty for the right-back position. We have the centre backs Sanchez, Toby, Dier.

"So we don’t need to force anything in this moment, we are going to need him later. So this one is completely out. Apart from that, we will see tomorrow. Basically with ups and downs during pre-season, I don't think we have any more problems."

If Aurier leaves, see him more as a RB. With the amount of games we have, he will get game time. If we have an injury crisis at CB, can see him getting some time there too but Alderweireld, Sanchez and Dier will be doing the rounds in that position. I think Tanga is one for the future.

Make or break season for Foyth as I do expect him to get some game time. CCV less so but they both need to step it up if they want to challenge for the first team. I can see Foyth leaving at the end of the season if there isn’t a marked improvement.
Looks like CCV will be off as notgiven a squad number

Good to see Tanganga returning to training - first pic of him since before start of season.

Probably take a few weeks to get get fit again, but anytime after the international break sounds a decent guess.

Good to see White and Cirkin still involved too

Back
Top Bottom