Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought at the time that Zaha was the one wound up and it needed someone like Dele to get in his ear to wind him up to get sent off. However with the crowd behind the team and the ref on their side that would not have happened.

Got caught up in the atmosphere and his inexperience showed. Needed a teammate to set him straight after the booking. Cant go diving into tackles on a yellow. Just asking for the sending off.

Was having a decent individual game aswell.

I was saying this after the game, he needed someone experienced in the team to have a word with him to try and calm him down. Unfortunately, I didn’t see anyone do that

Showed some bollocks today even though the sending off was a bit daft. One of the few players who looked like he cared today. He’s had a decent season so far apart from today. Let’s get behind him!
There's a fine line between caring and fucking everything up. He's no good to us if he's not on the pitch.

He's got to channel his frustrations into his performance in the game not take it out on other players. A player who picks up needless cards is a liability.

I am behind him just like all the players but we can't take too much of this.

Sad part of yesterday is that with Dier alongside him: Eric may well have tried to calm Japh down after the Zaha handbags.

Read/heard so much bollocks about that 1st incident though....

- It was a rugby tackle.
- He palmed Zaha off

Actually.... It was a shoulder barge.

- Japh instigated afters.
- Japh should have seen red for handling Zaha's face.

Actually.... Zaha took a swing at Japh.... Then grabbed his neck..... Japh held Zaha around the body in what I'd call a 'defensive' manner.

Harsh yellow on the 2nd.

Bigger picture: These are growing pains...... He's a smart kid... He'll learn.

Last edited:
Watching it back on Spurs tv, it looks like Tanganga shoves him over with both hands.

Fair do's... Not seen any replays since the game, but the situation is very much being stretched out of all recognition. Still nothing more than a shove.....

"Hand off" (in the rugby sense)
"Clothesline" (in the WWE sense)
"Tangaga was the aggressor" (regarding the handbags aspect).

The fact that Zaha grabbed Japh by the throat is being conveniently glossed over by all the punditry I've caught.

The problem is that other teams are going to see that this is a kid with a trigger. He's going to have to work out how to keep a clear head.

I love his energy, commitment and never-say-die attitude. Just needs to channel the aggression a tad, without losing his edge.

I think he'll find that balance before too long..... He's a smart, humble, level headed guy off the pitch.

Really impressing me at RB.

Hopefully healthy competition between he & Emerson can drive them BOTH forward.

If so, when a back 5 is required Emerson / Japh / Romero / Rodon / Reggie could run for a long time based on their respective ages.

I wonder how long before he is called up by England?

Happy World Cup GIF by Three Lions

Back
Top Bottom