Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't really blame the lad, he's a trier. I blame the club for not sending him out on loan when it was clear that his development needed that. It was cheaper to keep him than actually go and sign another quality centre-half which is typical of how we operate.

The squad management and lack of forward thinking is absymal and it goes on year after year.

Again, homegrown problem. Can we actually rely on this guy as a squad player?

I like his attitude, but he's just a foul machine.

Foul machine seems a good way of putting it. Whether it‘s a loan or work by Conte, hope the potential for improvement is there. Given the pace and physicality of the Prem, he’s going to struggle if he doesn’t have that inherent awareness and positional sense or can’t hone it.

He's poorer than Wan Bissaka, essentially. He doesn't deal well defending pace at all. As a RCB in Contes system, that's awful for him since his job is to guard the byline and central.

Needs experience to read the game better to make up for his lack of pace. He should be able to get in between the ball and the player easily when they just push it really far ahead as Odoi did today with him. There wasn't much technique involved. He just has a hard time doing that.

its another player that shows that the youth team coaches are useless
its easy to pick big kids to play at the back or fast kids on wing/up front
But Coaching is just that you coach the player to play football in diferent ways so they can work in most systems
its not easy but at grassroots level you can see lots of coaches that are doing this,
for me too many of these clubs just have job's for the boys they only look at ex-pros to be their coaches instead of casting net wider into grass roots

Seems a really nice lad but he is a weak link that other teams target. We always look vulnerable with him in, I don’t know if that can be fixed.

Feel like he needs a full season playing regularly in a nailed down position, maybe even in the Championship. He was praised for his blood and guts early performances but really lacks experience and the ability to read the game at PL pace. Don't right him off yet, but just not ready imo.

I can't really blame the lad, he's a trier. I blame the club for not sending him out on loan when it was clear that his development needed that. It was cheaper to keep him than actually go and sign another quality centre-half which is typical of how we operate.

The squad management and lack of forward thinking is absymal and it goes on year after year.
It's just crazy I watched KWP against City so clearly no world beater. But he is way better attacking option than Doh and Japhet and Emerson. Our recruitment has been criminal.

Spot on , there is so many examples of how good loans have improved young players beyond recognition. Our squad management over the last few years has been abysmal . The whole set up needs a complete reboot. You’ve got to feel for some of these youngsters who just stagnate and therefore never reach their true potential

He is just not good enough at the moment. Simple as.

I see no point of finding excuses - 2nd string players have to use every chance they can get. And play wherever they are put to play. If they do well, they get more chances.

Right now he has been playing game after game and has been worst defender on the field in number of games in a row. Does not look like constant playing time is making much difference. I really hope we don't see him much of him this season anymore. Only EPL games left + in FA Cup we play Brighton that is way above his current level as well.

Though it might look like we will keep him around, cause -
- who would want him after his last 5-6 games?
- still have to be wary of injuries with Dier having been out and Romero just coming back

Next season send him to Championship on loan, or if any decent bids come in - sell him with buy-back option, just in case.

He is just not good enough at the moment. Simple as.

Though it might look like we will keep him around, cause -
- who would want him after his last 5-6 games?
- still have to be wary of injuries with Dier having been out and Romero just coming back

Next season send him to Championship on loan, or if any decent bids come in - sell him with buy-back option, just in case.

This is key...... With no chance of Conte playing Rodon, loaning him out would just be reckless.

Back
Top Bottom