Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte, when asked about the possible loan transfer of the Sheffield window cleaner, said; "i expect him to be replaced and the club agrees with this, if he leaves"

I wonder whether this is the case for tanganga too? if he leaves...

Conte, when asked about the possible loan transfer of the Sheffield window cleaner, said; "i expect him to be replaced and the club agrees with this, if he leaves"

I wonder whether this is the case for tanganga too? if he leaves...
Sorry, who's the "Sheffield Window Cleaner"...?

Apologies for being dmub, but I've been away for a few weeks, so clearly may have missed the meeting on this one!

This is a good deal for us if another CB is coming in.
...and if there isn't?

Crucify me, but I really rate Tanganga (and I had a cracking song lined up for him too...)

He can play CB and RB, surely that versatility can be utilised during the season...?

With Rodon already out on loan, I'd assumed we'd keep hold of Tanganga...

Unless, as you say, we have someone lined up... Which I sincerely hope we do!

Nice to see him come on, for me he is better than Sanchez on the right but Sanchez has been great when hes come in

Versatile defender - although right footed he spent most of his time in Spurs youth teams playing LCB as his CB partner was so right footed RCB or RB was his only position. But equally happy as RCB.

Happy to fill in at most defensive positions which is great as a squad player - his natural role is to take on attackers and equally he's happy to advance at pace with the ball, he's not a Lenglet whose best role is to pass the ball out of defence.

Do we consider Japhet a viable alternative to Romero when injured/rested?

Sanchez seems to have reverted to absolute tripe hasn’t he :contebored:

If not, then time to let Japh go...... Just feels like Onomah all over again.

We're starving the kid.

Do we consider Japhet a viable alternative to Romero when injured/rested?

Sanchez seems to have reverted to absolute tripe hasn’t he :contebored:

Tanganga has limited experience - played almost 50 games for Spurs, half in PL over about 4 years covering for LB, RB and CB.

He's a CB who likes to go and get the ball off the opponent, rather than wait for the opponent to try to get past him (so plays a different type of CB game to Romero).

He's a real tryer and gives his all which can overcome some of the limitations from experience, so whilst not a first choice, I'd certainly be happy to play him if one of our first choice defenders is not available.

Tanganga has limited experience - played almost 50 games for Spurs, half in PL over about 4 years covering for LB, RB and CB.

He's a CB who likes to go and get the ball off the opponent, rather than wait for the opponent to try to get past him (so plays a different type of CB game to Romero).

He's a real tryer and gives his all which can overcome some of the limitations from experience, so whilst not a first choice, I'd certainly be happy to play him if one of our first choice defenders is not available.

That's a strange synopsis...... I'd say "a CB who likes to go and get the ball off the opponent" exactly describes Romero.

Back
Top Bottom