Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn’t find an existing thread for this guy, how did people think he got on?

I really, really hate to say this, but stylistically Tanganga reminded me of when I first saw “him” 25 years ago.

Or more comfortably, perhaps Michael Dawson with Pace... loved to try to nick it early but also has good recovery speed.

Michael Dawson is a decent comparison.

Absolute determination to get ball and plays with great determination, decent amount of pace. Which is maybe unlike Dawson Mostly used as a CB but has been played as RB in youth a few times.

Difficult to say much on the back of half a game. I get the feeling he's not someone earmarked for the first team and more likely to go down the loan out, increase in value and sell. Definitely at an the age where he needs to play competitive games so hopefully he can get a good loan somewhere, League One perhaps or if lucky a Championship side.

I thought he was bloody excellent! It's his debut at just 20yrs old!! Up against Ronaldo, Bernardechi & Mandzukic. Kept a clean sheet and limited them to just a couple of opportunities. Can't ask much more than that.

:adesalute:

No wonder CCV is on his way out

Great thing about this lad is that he played on the left side of the partnership and was excellent.

No wonder CCV is on his way out

Great thing about this lad is that he played on the left side of the partnership and was excellent.

Often has played as LCB to accommodate Eyoma as RCB - think Eyoma is injured as he would likely have come on this preseason tour.

We've got a succession of decent CBs coming through the youth system with Tanganga, Eyoma and a year younger Lyons-Foster and another year younger is Binks and Walcott, all could be decent prospects

I've always rated him defensively. I've seen him play at Hotspur Way a couple of times.
The only slight question mark against him would be his ability with the ball at his feet. Better than CCV overall.

Couldn’t find an existing thread for this guy, how did people think he got on?

I really, really hate to say this, but stylistically Tanganga reminded me of when I first saw “him” 25 years ago.

Or more comfortably, perhaps Michael Dawson with Pace... loved to try to nick it early but also has good recovery speed.
Dawson with pace is not bad at all

Back
Top Bottom