Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we are sometimes guilty of overrating our youths over the years. In reality only Bentelab and Winks looked the business until now...

Parrott and Tanganga looks legit good...as in can potentially be exceptional talents. Skipp on indifferent on tbh but he's young and I'll give him time but those 2 jeez.

Michael Dawson is a decent comparison.

Absolute determination to get ball and plays with great determination, decent amount of pace. Which is maybe unlike Dawson Mostly used as a CB but has been played as RB in youth a few times.

I can hear cogs turning.... :sandroscream:

I can hear cogs turning.... :sandroscream:

Naturally a left sided player so better on left.

Eyoma (was injured since Feb played first u21' game at weekend otherwise would have been in this preseason squad) who looked good last preseason and made a few appearances last season as a consequence is s right sided CB and plays better as RB.

But not the fastest RB.

Marsh has filled in as RB a couple of times in Preseason, but does Poch thinks he's better at RB ? Probably not ?

Equally Diet has played there - not perfectly but.......

Think Poch had lots of options. Just no certainty as to which is best

Naturally a left sided player so better on left.

Eyoma (was injured since Feb played first u21' game at weekend otherwise would have been in this preseason squad) who looked good last preseason and made a few appearances last season as a consequence is s right sided CB and plays better as RB.

But not the fastest RB.

Marsh has filled in as RB a couple of times in Preseason, but does Poch thinks he's better at RB ? Probably not ?

Equally Diet has played there - not perfectly but.......

Think Poch had lots of options. Just no certainty as to which is best
Eyoma is going to be a star at CB, have really high hopes for him. If we're going down the youth route, we might as well just bring through Tariq hinds. He's meant to be really good, isn't he (?), and he's 19.

We'd have a much better player if he played 30+ games in the Championship. Can't have 20 year old players hanging around for the odd cup game. No way can you throw him into league games based off a few friendlies.
Agree. Better to loan him out for more game time. Dier ,Sanchez and Foyth can cover.
I was a little disappointed we didn't get Saliba but Tanganga shows we might not need to buy.

Seen alot of tanganga in the u/23.. think the lad still has to grow into himself.. still only a kid .. personelly i think hes the better prospect than eyoma ..
Played for england at every level so far. The lad is put together and has some real pace.

needs to work on his left foot, he looks a bit small as well for centre half, could really do we playing mens football in championship on loan

I think we are sometimes guilty of overrating our youths over the years. In reality only Bentelab and Winks looked the business until now...

Parrott and Tanganga looks legit good...as in can potentially be exceptional talents. Skipp on indifferent on tbh but he's young and I'll give him time but those 2 jeez.
I get what you mean but you left out Harry kane! And Ryan mason , Andros Townsend...

Were ok with youth, could be better. I think Tanganga looks good enough to be a back up centre back but let's see.

Surprised Tariq hinds didn't get taken on tour, he looks like he has the makings of a decent full back.

I get what you mean but you left out Harry kane! And Ryan mason , Andros Townsend...

Were ok with youth, could be better. I think Tanganga looks good enough to be a back up centre back but let's see.

Surprised Tariq hinds didn't get taken on tour, he looks like he has the makings of a decent full back.
Kane didn't look all that at youth level, Mason bless him didn't look all that to me and Townsend looked decent but again not at the level as the ones I mentioned (potential wise).

Kane didn't look all that at youth level, Mason bless him didn't look all that to me and Townsend looked decent but again not at the level as the ones I mentioned (potential wise).

Tbh any/all of these lads making it at EPL level is a testament to the work going on at the academy. Once we're talking good enough to start for us we are looking at a relatively elite, small percentage of players in the world... No top teams consistently churn out their own starters from a young age....

One thing that has certainly impressed me not only about Tanganga, but all the kids coming through is their mentality. None look shy or fearful, all want to get involved, and there is a calmness and composure about them not commonly seen.

Eyoma is going to be a star at CB, have really high hopes for him. If we're going down the youth route, we might as well just bring through Tariq hinds. He's meant to be really good, isn't he (?), and he's 19.

Tariq Hinds is a decent shout as RB/LB but not sure he's any better or worse than KWP at a similar age, so seems to be just a question of whether he catches Poch eye.

Back
Top Bottom