Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, I gotta feel for him, he’s been in 3 EPL games for us and has played in 3 different positions and has played Great, Decent, and OK.
There are players on our team that have started 15x that many in the exact same position and didn’t play as well in the last 3 games.
I dunno if he’s our answer at LB after today because how the he’ll can you tell that after one game.

Doesn't seem to protect Winks or KWP from criticism... Even Kane for that matter.

Not HG, but Sessengon hasn't received such high acclaim following his debut performances....

Meanwhile, Foyth has made similar costly errors on a number of occasions... There's your differentiation right there.

Can't we just be pleased that early doors that Japhet is performing very well?
WINKS AND KWP where given a lot more time than foyth .. winks up until recant was called by some "our Maklele " kwp some still think his good or will be good if given a chance .
Foyth in my honest opinion is a very talented player and its disappointing that he seem as finished because mistake he did .. (if you remember even when he made 2 pk vs wolves he was by some MOM)

Tenganga is also very talented player and i think he can become good player - its not foyth vs tenganga , its not one of the other ..

WINKS AND KWP where given a lot more time than foyth .. winks up until recant was called by some "our Maklele " kwp some still think his good or will be good if given a chance .
Foyth in my honest opinion is a very talented player and its disappointing that he seem as finished because mistake he did .. (if you remember even when he made 2 pk vs wolves he was by some MOM)

Foyth has played more than KWP and fucked up a lot more..... Yet KWP finds himself being shopped about to Palace.

What more can I say...? I think you're being silly.

Another decent performance in the defensive position he's least experienced in.

Looking like he could be a defensive mainstay for Spurs for the next decade. Hopefully playing mainly as CB and sometimes RB.

Belongs.

tanganga250120a.jpg

Last edited:
He good.
His DOB is 31/3/1999.
JM says he has no contract worries about him but nothing on the OS except that in 2019 he signed a contract until 2020. I guess that included an extension until 2021?

He good.
His DOB is 31/3/1999.
JM says he has no contract worries about him but nothing on the OS except that he signed a contract until 2020 last year. I guess an extension until 2021?

Think it was a one year option to extend for a year in the one year contract he signed announced on OS to 2020.

Just a question on when he's offered a new contract though

7 June 2019

We are pleased to confirm that Japhet Tanganga and Jack Roles have signed new contracts with the Club until 2020 and 2021 respectively, whilst striker Kion Etete has joined from Notts County.

Another decent performance in the defensive position he's least experienced in.

Looking like he could be a defensive mainstay for Spurs for the next decade. Hopefully playing mainly as CB and sometimes RB.

He made maybe 2 obvious mistakes today, neither was a huge issue or even led to a chance. His positioning always seems excellent.

Tenganga is also very talented player and i think he can become good player - its not foyth vs tenganga , its not one of the other ..

Winks and kwp have had more time because they are home grown. No other reason. Neither are good enough to start for this club.

Foyth has played more than KWP and fucked up a lot more..... Yet KWP finds himself being shopped about to Palace.

What more can I say...? I think you're being silly.
Yet Foyth gets picked for his country - Argentina mind, not Andorra or Armenia, and is only 22. The guy rarely gets to play in his chosen position and gets rubbished on here for a few mistakes hes made.
How about everyone takes a look at the undoubted skill and quality he possesses and judges him on that, rather than the things he can iron out of his game.
Same applies to Tanganga, his skills are obvious and he will only get better with playing time, but KWP has never displayed the same level of quality that Tanganga or Foyth have.

This lad is class, never looks rattled even when an opponent is causing him trouble. He's fast, strong, and likes to carry the ball forward too. Not afraid to get stuck in either. Can't wait for him to play consistently as a CB.

Yet Foyth gets picked for his country - Argentina mind, not Andorra or Armenia, and is only 22. The guy rarely gets to play in his chosen position and gets rubbished on here for a few mistakes hes made.
How about everyone takes a look at the undoubted skill and quality he possesses and judges him on that, rather than the things he can iron out of his game.
Same applies to Tanganga, his skills are obvious and he will only get better with playing time, but KWP has never displayed the same level of quality that Tanganga or Foyth have.
I may be in the Majority but Foyth , Tanganga and Sanchez could see us sorted at the back for years

Back
Top Bottom