Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was Davies' injury in Jose's first game that broke him into the squad.

And it was Poch that blooded him in preseason against some top talent.

So, in summary, fuck off.

We're well through the looking glass when we're bemoaning that Poch wouldn't give young players a chance like known youth incubator Jose Mourinho :mourshock:

Fact is, the club has an excellent youth setup that prepares these kids before the first team staff ever gets a hold of them.

Really? Grow up, lashing out at me because you're offended on behalf of Poch.

I was making an observation, if Poch was still here Rose would still be in at LB and this boy wouldn't have got a look in, regardless of what he did with him in preseason, so yes, Jose as it stands has done more for him than Poch had previously.

Sticking him against Cristiano Ronaldo when no one had ever heard of him.

I will not have this narrative, get the fuck out of here.

In a friendly:

Juventus: Buffon, De Sciglio, Rugani, Bonucci, Cancelo, Pjanic, Matuidi, Can, Mandzukic, Ronaldo, Bernardeschi.

Subs used: Kastanos, Rabiot, Demiral, Higuain, Muratore, Szczesny, De Ligt, Pereira.

Tottenham: Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Alderweireld, Tanganga, Georgiou, Winks, Skipp, Lamela, Dele, Son, Parrott.

Subs used: Bowden, Lucas Moura, Ndombele, Roles, White, Vertonghen, Foyth, Kane, Marsh, Sissoko.

Hardly a glowing reflection of Poch giving the boy a run out to genuinely cut his teeth when we look at the others that got a run out as well

Didn't know Cristiano played for Watford.

Or West Ham.

Or Southampton.

Or Palace.

Or any of the other teams a completely shot Danny Rose played against.

Or maybe against Olympiacos when he played the full 90 minutes for Jose.

Jose gave up on Rose, fair enough, but then only after losing also Ben Davies to injury, and also giving up on Jan Vertonghen, and also seeing Tanganga play well as an emergency RB following another spate of injuries (a game Rose started btw) has Jose turned to Tanganga at LB.

The only manager to play Tanganga in his natural position this season is Poch, in the disaster against Colchester.

Jose gave up on Rose, fair enough, but then only after losing also Ben Davies to injury, and also giving up on Jan Vertonghen, and also seeing Tanganga play well as an emergency RB following another spate of injuries has Jose turned to Tanganga at LB.

The only manager to play Tanganga in his natural position this season is Poch, in the disaster against Colchester.
I'm well aware how we got here. I called for Tanganga to be part of the squad two years ago.

My point is obvious, Poch didn't rate him and I'm at a loss as to why.

Jose immediately brought him and has trusted him everywhere.

However you like to look at it, Poch didn't see something we all see.

Only youth Poch brought through in 5.5 years was Winks. It was not an area of strength for him.

He was best at getting the most out of a squad, not building one.

My point is obvious, Poch didn't rate him and I'm at a loss as to why.

Jose immediately brought him and has trusted him everywhere.

However you like to look at it, Poch didn't see something we all see.

This is absolute fucking bollocks.

Poch featured him in preseason, and started him in our first cup game (the only one Poch got to manage), he clearly rated him.

Jose didn't even give him a spot on the bench for his first 6 league games. It took time.

He got forced into action in a weirdo lineup against Liverpool in an injury crisis, acquitted himself well as a makeshift RB and the rest is history.

All credit in the world to Jose, but it's just lame-brained and sad to feel the need to falsely shit on Poch for no reason.

Jose gave up on Rose, fair enough, but then only after losing also Ben Davies to injury, and also giving up on Jan Vertonghen, and also seeing Tanganga play well as an emergency RB following another spate of injuries (a game Rose started btw) has Jose turned to Tanganga at LB.

Tanganga's first game under Jose was as RCB in a 3 against Liverpool so nothing to do with our left back situ.

Only youth Poch brought through in 5.5 years was Winks. It was not an area of strength for him.

Poch played 20-year old Eric Dier at RB for the full 90 minutes on their mutual debut for the club.

18-year old Dele Alli debuted in his first eligible game for the club at Old Trafford and was a nailed-on starter by September.

This is absolute fucking bollocks.

Poch featured him in preseason, and started him in our first cup game (the only one Poch got to manage), he clearly rated him.

Jose didn't even give him a spot on the bench for his first 6 league games. It took time.

He got forced into action in a weirdo lineup against Liverpool in an injury crisis, acquitted himself well as a makeshift RB and the rest is history.

All credit in the world to Jose, but it's just lame-brained and sad to feel the need to falsely shit on Poch for no reason.
EXACTLY!

He featured in pre-season and looked good.

Yet, the season comes and he gets how many opportunitues following his pre-season?

As has just been said. 5.5 years and only Winks came through under him. Nothing false about judging him so.

He even put Eyoma ahead of him. Who is now at Lincoln.

Tanganga's first game under Jose was as RCB in a 3 against Liverpool so nothing to do with our left back situ.

Transfermarkt has him down as an RB with Aurier playing RW, but yeah, the way you're saying it is probably more correct.

The tactics that day left him with difficult defensive assignments on the flank which he passed with more or less flying colors, we can put it that way.

Transfermarkt has him down as an RB with Aurier playing RW, but yeah, the way you're saying it is probably more correct.

The tactics that day left him with difficult defensive assignments on the flank which he passed with more or less flying colors, we can put it that way.

My wording is nothing but honest fact.

Aurier / Tanganga / Toby / Sanchez / Vert was our backline.

Back
Top Bottom