Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When Davies comes back and with Aurier playing better we could move him into DM behind Ndombele and GLC. Have a feeling he would thrive there.

His time maybe more limited once Davies is back but possibly he will become 1st CD on the team sheet once he doesnt need to cover left back.

Will he be preffered to Sanchez, Jan or Toby this season.

Him and Sanchez in the middle could be quite a formidable pairing for the future though.

I'm worried we'll move to a three at the back when Davies returns. As Tanganga doesn't really deserve to be dropped, Sanchez has been our best player and Alderweireld hasn't really done much to be dropped.

It was bizarre. After that preseason everyone could see he was a talent and thought he was worth minutes in the first team

Poch ,alone in his thinking disagreed.... so one goes through the reasoning and coming up with considerations that poch knows and sees more and to trust his judgement

turns out Poch was fucking miles wrong and this lad was ready from the get go

still makes you ponder just what it was that made Poch error so badly

I think Poch is one of these managers wary of young kids having too much too soon and would rather hold them back until they have proved they have the humility and mentality to cope with all the money and fame that comes quickly once they've had a run in the first team

I think Poch is one of these managers wary of young kids having too much too soon and would rather hold them back until they have proved they have the humility and mentality to cope with all the money and fame that comes quickly once they've had a run in the first team
That is probably a factor. Another factor is that the higher up in the table that you are, the more pressure there is on you to deliver, both for players and for managers. So managers high up in the table tend to rely less on youth since playing an inexperienced kid can cost you points. Poch mentioned as much in an interview.

Currently we can afford to bed in Tanganga. Were we fighting up in the top 3 we probably would not have.

I really rate this lad, he's come in and looks like he's played 100 games already.

I'd be planning around Tanganga and Sanchez as our long term CB pairing.
Phase him in, give him plenty of experience alongside the likes of Toby and Jan while they are still with us.

In talks over a new contract. Currently on 1k a week and the club are offering 15k a week rising to 20k with bonuses. Yes yes it's a lot of money but looking at his talent and players with less ability at other clubs earning more it does seem a low offer from the club. We shall see. Sign it Japh!!!

he’s taking to it like a duck to water but I don’t think a massive pay rise for 5 games or whatever is going to help him in the long term, this way he knows he has to keep performing and improving and the new contracts and further pay rises will come.

Levy does some things I don’t agree with but I think he’s spot on here.

When Davies comes back and with Aurier playing better we could move him into DM behind Ndombele and GLC. Have a feeling he would thrive there.

His time maybe more limited once Davies is back but possibly he will become 1st CD on the team sheet once he doesnt need to cover left back.

Will he be preffered to Sanchez, Jan or Toby this season.

Him and Sanchez in the middle could be quite a formidable pairing for the future though.

I'm worried we'll move to a three at the back when Davies returns. As Tanganga doesn't really deserve to be dropped, Sanchez has been our best player and Alderweireld hasn't really done much to be dropped.

Jose seems unsure of Dav and although I'm chuffed about Tanganga coming to the fore, I really hope that Sanchez doesn't get ousted all over again to make room at CB for Japhet. If so, we really do risk ruining him and wasting the 40m we have wrapped up in him. We really need to work towards a pairing of Sanchez & Tanganga, but I don't see Jose moving away from Toby any time soon.

But yeh, on the flipside, a full-time switch to 3CBs doesn't sound too appealing.... We need that extra body to take the pressure off further up the pitch.

he’s taking to it like a duck to water but I don’t think a massive pay rise for 5 games or whatever is going to help him in the long term, this way he knows he has to keep performing and improving and the new contracts and further pay rises will come.

Levy does some things I don’t agree with but I think he’s spot on here.
Having given Toby a ridiculous contract Levy has left himself wide open. That plus basically bending over trying to please Eriksen and a monster contract for the manager.

Tanganga deserves at the very least a clause where whatever he signs gets looked at again in 6 months

👍

"It’s just being ready to go when the manager needs me. It’s a big deal to be playing at this level. I’ve still got to learn a lot to improve but it’s a great experience and I’m enjoying it game by game."

His form could also land him a new bumper pay rise, with Spurs preparing a new £20,000-a-week contract - a stark improvement on his current £2k-a-week wages.

Already an England under-20's regular, Tanganga's parents are always in the stadium to watch him, and he adds that making his dad proud is what keeps him motivated.

“I say this a lot, my dad he’s sacrificed a lot for me and done all he could to make sure that I get to this level, so just seeing him smile makes me really happy and tells me what this means to him."

“Then my friends I have been with since I was eleven at secondary school - we all had different dreams but seeing them watching my games and cheering me on and being supportive shows I’m in good hands."

And obviously none of them had the humilty and mentality, cause only Poch possesses this qualities as long as he's perfect.

👍

"It’s just being ready to go when the manager needs me. It’s a big deal to be playing at this level. I’ve still got to learn a lot to improve but it’s a great experience and I’m enjoying it game by game."

His form could also land him a new bumper pay rise, with Spurs preparing a new £20,000-a-week contract - a stark improvement on his current £2k-a-week wages.

Already an England under-20's regular, Tanganga's parents are always in the stadium to watch him, and he adds that making his dad proud is what keeps him motivated.

“I say this a lot, my dad he’s sacrificed a lot for me and done all he could to make sure that I get to this level, so just seeing him smile makes me really happy and tells me what this means to him."

“Then my friends I have been with since I was eleven at secondary school - we all had different dreams but seeing them watching my games and cheering me on and being supportive shows I’m in good hands."
Proper soul food that. This is what football is about.

Back
Top Bottom