Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has never let this side down and I doubt he ever will, from a grounded family in the area and wants to do his best for his local team. Should be starting every game, we need players who play for the shirt

Excellent performance, the block from the Barkley shot was superb. Saved a certain goal, was very good in possession and defensively tonight. Very promising.

Great showing against Villa.

If Jose survives the international break and the rumours about both Aurier and Doherty being on the outs with him are true. I would have no problem giving Japhet the starting spot for the run in and promoting Lavinier to the first team squad.

I still think Tanganga will end up as a CB, but he also makes a very decent RB - he's quick and can put in a decent cross, but his strength is probably reading the game and defending. Showed all that in a few games last season, so I'm surprised he's not been played more this season.

No reason not to have Lavinier on the bench too - looked ok in a 16 minute cameo in EL, so trying out in other cameos in appropriate games is not a bad idea given Aurier and Doherty's form which is pretty poor. Might send both a message which is well overdue.

what does freezing out look like? what's rose been doing the last year? who does he train/play with? is he just told to keep away, and keep yourself fit if any offers come in? anyone seen him in any training vids, with junior teams?

what does freezing out look like? what's rose been doing the last year? who does he train/play with? is he just told to keep away, and keep yourself fit if any offers come in? anyone seen him in any training vids, with junior teams?
Is not in PL or EL squad this season, played one or two u23 games before January transfer window but didn't leave although door was open for him. Has since turned down his contract being paid up.

Didn't pull up any trees at Newcastle on loan last season, so not sure his heart is into playing - but who knows.

Is not in PL or EL squad this season, played one or two u23 games before January transfer window but didn't leave although door was open for him. Has since turned down his contract being paid up.

Didn't pull up any trees at Newcastle on loan last season, so not sure his heart is into playing - but who knows.
cheers, who does he train with? i assume u23s? that would not be desirable if he's bad mouthing the club? i suppose you could ban him, but if he's got a current contract that would be an employment breach i guess....

cheers, who does he train with? i assume u23s? that would not be desirable if he's bad mouthing the club? i suppose you could ban him, but if he's got a current contract that would be an employment breach i guess....

I don't think he's training with u23's - at least since Christmas - and it maybe he prefers not to ?

Might be an employment breach but given he's been offered an exit for 18 months not sure that's a big threat :?

I see Tanganga’s future at RB with the capability to fill in effectively as a CB. His dribbling skills are excellent.

Most importantly, his desire and effort are exactly what you want from your players. Gives his best every time. If he gets beat it is fair and square, not because he wasn’t putting in effort.

I see Tanganga’s future at RB with the capability to fill in effectively as a CB. His dribbling skills are excellent.

Most importantly, his desire and effort are exactly what you want from your players. Gives his best every time. If he gets beat it is fair and square, not because he wasn’t putting in effort.
Yep- isnt he a bit too short to be a prototypical CB? I like him at RB anyways- he is physically dominant and committed. I hope he can get a run and establish himself there, and we can see about CB a bit later on.

Great game from him. See no reason to start Doherty or Aurier ahead of him.

I still think Tanganga will end up as a CB, but he also makes a very decent RB - he's quick and can put in a decent cross, but his strength is probably reading the game and defending. Showed all that in a few games last season, so I'm surprised he's not been played more this season.

No reason not to have Lavinier on the bench too - looked ok in a 16 minute cameo in EL, so trying out in other cameos in appropriate games is not a bad idea given Aurier and Doherty's form which is pretty poor. Might send both a message which is well overdue.
Ever since the documentary I definitely have a soft spot for him, but 'He's one of the only players I can think of who would run through walls, not because Jose told him to, not because he wants a raise, but just because hes one of our own. The lad just wants to play.

Since his first game he's looked like he could be the answer to Ledley King and I'm sure he's getting in some good sessions for him, although I can see him also moving in to CDM position like we used to have Dier

Frankly, if I was to buy one players name on the back of my shirt next year I think it would be Japh because he's one of the only players I've seen play for the shirt consistently all season.

Yep- isnt he a bit too short to be a prototypical CB? I like him at RB anyways- he is physically dominant and committed. I hope he can get a run and establish himself there, and we can see about CB a bit later on.

Great game from him. See no reason to start Doherty or Aurier ahead of him.
My main concern with him at RB would be pace. He has most of the other stuff, and what he lacks can be acquired with training and experience.

Back
Top Bottom