Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When Sanchez and Foyth were at the club at the same time, Sanchez was used more often. Hence deemed better. I agree, I have also been critical of Sanchez but give credit where credit is due.

As I said - I cannot change your unsupported belief about some players.

All I can point out is that coaching staff that was on the dugouts (and that includes Poch if we talk about Foyth vs Sanchez situation) found Colombian to be better and preferred to use him.

I saw most of Foyth performances for Spurs and never saw anything real that would suggest he could be EPL top-6 level defender. He was just one of those players who the fanbase was optimistic about and tried to desperately cling to every positive spark while the coaching staff never saw enough positives to play and start him.
When did this become the Sanchez or Foyth thread. Foyth was signed as cb and converted to a rb but he would make a better rb/rwb than any player at the club currently. On Tanganga he is just nothing but a clumsy defender.

Oh fuck off. He barely plays and when he does it's rarely in the same position.

Our depth is shocking. Ideally he should be out on loan playing every week.
100%. You know how we're not allowed to question Conte yet...I'm question his decision to play Sanches in the center of the tree to replace Deir when he said himself that Rodon was understudy to Eric. He got the line up wrong. Tanganga should be on loan learning the game he is a kid. Our squad is so horribly malformed it makes quasimodo looks good

100%. You know how we're not allowed to question Conte yet...I'm question his decision to play Sanches in the center of the tree to replace Deir when he said himself that Rodon was understudy to Eric. He got the line up wrong. Tanganga should be on loan learning the game he is a kid. Our squad is so horribly malformed it makes quasimodo looks good
Report today says Rodon had a rib injury. Unfortunately I dont think Tanganga is good enough. Sure, he shows flashes, but so do all the players.

like many of the players that the manager/coach expecs to make it they need to go on loan to Champship/Div 1 and play against men maybe not every game but 15/20 mins most games to see how they can face men who want/need to win matches to fet their wages
We used to do this well Walker QPR Rose Sunderland then Poch knew best and the prospects dried up from Edwards to Tanganga we are killing kids that have potential. He should be learning the game in the championship like Skipp did. A return to this policy may finally something to thank Mourinho for.

Very poor game which is disappointing. However in the past other players still at the club have had equally poor games. He should play Sunday in the F A Cup to try and repair some confidence. After that it is difficult to see him playing again for some time. Dier hopefully back next week if he gets a negative test and Rodwell who was apparently carrying an injury should now get a chance ahead of him.

I rate this kid very highly.
He had an utter stinker last night (alongside quite a few other more senior players) but he’s in and out of the team and asked to play all along the back line in every combination of defenders.
This one was on the manager. We could have had a back four due to lack of options.
He has a big future imo and at a top level.
I agree with people saying he should go learn his position (whatever that is, it isn’t a Jack of all trades) on loan.
I’m sure he will become a top player.

Nervous today. Thought switching Doc to the left did not help him.
But I still think there is a good player there.
Maybe he needs to start believing it himself and maybe deciding what position is his best.

He was poor again, shat himself on another set piece and loads of sloppy passes.

I accept that mistakes hurt a players confidence but he has to toughen up. If you make a mistake you need to forget it and move on. I used to think he had an edge but he’s looked very soft in the last two games.

Another player we're murdering by starving them of game time. Also see: Rodon.

(Previously Onomah & KWP.)

Shoulda backed Rodon as a genuine back-up in the summer and let him sink or swim; then sent Japh on loan...... 2 birds; one stone.

Last edited:
Another player we're murdering by starving them of game time. Also see: Rodon.

(Previously Onomah & KWP.)

Shoulda backed Rodon as a genuine back-up in the summer and let him sink or swim; then sent Japh on loan...... 2 birds; one stone.

First of all we need to think about the clubs options.
We are not Japh Tanganga FC...

If we would have him on loan and we got Romero long time injury, we would only have Dier, Sancez, Davies and Rodon as CB's. That is just not enough, sorry. That means having 1 extra defender while in 1st half of the season we also had Conference League games. 1 additional CB is not enough of a cover for team.

Sending him out on loan would have been okay if we brought in another CB in summer.

First of all we need to think about the clubs options.
We are not Japh Tanganga FC...

If we would have him on loan and we got Romero long time injury, we would only have Dier, Sancez, Davies and Rodon as CB's. That is just not enough, sorry. That means having 1 extra defender while in 1st half of the season we also had Conference League games. 1 additional CB is not enough of a cover for team.

Sending him out on loan would have been okay if we brought in another CB in summer.

Conte-ball wasn't on the menu at that point.

5 CBs would have been fine so long as we actually finally committed to integrating Rodon.

Oh fuck off. He barely plays and when he does it's rarely in the same position.

Our depth is shocking. Ideally he should be out on loan playing every week.
100% agree. He should be at another club with an established position playing regular minutes, instead his development is being stunted with us as he's being used too much as a utility player.

it was his errors that caused the chelseas 3 goals inthe semi's
he doesn't stay with his man when defending,
he doesn't look around for danger
he can't pass the ball allowing the RWB to move onto the ball

What have the Acadmey coaches been doing with him and the other young playersfor the last 8 yrs

He’ll be at Palace or Southampton in one or two years tops. Has decent physical attributes but nowhere near technically good enough nor mentally strong enough to be a top level defender.

don't think he will get into EPL team, just does not understand where he needs to be can't stay with his player
seemed to keep away from Lukaku in both semi's

Back
Top Bottom