Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regardless of them coming back, a loan may do him some good. If Milan want him, okay, but he needs to go somewhere that he'll get some game time.

I still think he can be good for us, but he's had a few really terrible games lately.
Personally not a fan of sending a young player to the Serie A. I would rather see him go to a decent Championship side where he could play week in week out (Skipp at Norwich as a perfect example).

Personally not a fan of sending a young player to the Serie A. I would rather see him go to a decent Championship side where he could play week in week out (Skipp at Norwich as a perfect example).

Serie A, and AC Milan specifically, have probably the best defenders and defensive tactics in the world.
If we want players to learn their trade, they're better off there than in the Championship playing for the likes of Warnock.

The way Tangamga improves is by giving him the chance to work through his mistakes.

If he can't then fine but you destroy players by dropping then after a couple of mistakes.

He needs to learn and then progress and needs to be given the chance.

Serie A, and AC Milan specifically, have probably the best defenders and defensive tactics in the world.
If we want players to learn their trade, they're better off there than in the Championship playing for the likes of Warnock.
Yeah, because there are only outdated idiots managing in the Championship... Tanganga could learn a lot at various Championside sides where he would at least get much game time. At Milan probably not so much.

The way Tangamga improves is by giving him the chance to work through his mistakes.

If he can't then fine but you destroy players by dropping then after a couple of mistakes.

He needs to learn and then progress and needs to be given the chance.

Exactly. CB is a late-developing position. He needs to play and work through these things. Tough to say if we are the right place for him to do it though.

Exactly. CB is a late-developing position. He needs to play and work through these things. Tough to say if we are the right place for him to do it though.

He needs consistent minutes for that though and I don’t see how he gets those when Dier and Romero come back. I think a loan would be the best thing for him, but it’s got to be at a club where he’s going to play regularly even if that’s in the Championship or abroad.
I think he’s definitely looked better at RB particularly in a back four, he seems to be struggling a bit with being a CB in a three.

Fuck me, how does he still get anywhere near the field at this point? Until he becomes top scorer through scoring own goals?!?!

Obviously playing back 4 is better than having him on field. Lack of playing time is just shit excuse - he has played consistently and been consistently worst player on the pitch.

Cannot imagine that playing with back 4 or using Royal as CB could be any worse than having him on.

Excuses are over now. We need quality and Tanganga does not offer it.

Back
Top Bottom