Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought he was 90% good tonight.
When Eric and Romero are fit he won't play for us.
Sanchez has improved dramatically under Conte so JT has to decide what is his best move.
I think he could be very good indeed.

Despite a few bad moments, I thought he showed improvement today. IF he can get 30ish starts at AC Milan I can't see how it would be bad for him- Paolo fricking Maldini is always hanging around there. He's already got Prem physique and needs more development of the tactical/mental side of his game. Italy is actually an ideal place for him to do that. I was against it at first, but in thinking it over believe Milan would be a great loan move for him. We better not sell him though- we would greatly regret not having him in our squad. At best I can see him being a Kounde-esque RCB starter, and with care, at worst being a dependable rotation option at CB/RB.

for these on here that said he could play LB, RB & CB, wecan all see he is miles away from being any good
he doesn't seem to be aware of danger,
doesn't look round to see where others are
doesn't stay with his player

needs to go on loan a mid level Div one team where he can play each week

Well, he has played 90 minutes in 4 consecutive games. And from last 7 he has played full game in 5.
It is exactly my worry that he has not improved during that run, though of course it is still small sample size.

He played alright last night to be fair, better than his previous outings anyway.

He definitely needs to go somewhere and find himself, he a pretty shy guy and if you're going to make it as a CB in the PL you need to have a bit of character about you, he needs a loan where he's constantly played week in week out to become a man and improve his mentality and focus.

He played alright last night to be fair, better than his previous outings anyway.

He definitely needs to go somewhere and find himself, he a pretty shy guy and if you're going to make it as a CB in the PL you need to have a bit of character about you, he needs a loan where he's constantly played week in week out to become a man and improve his mentality and focus.

Well 1st goal came from his side of the defense and for 2nd goal - Hugo went to cover back-post and his tackle deflected shot into first post. If he would have got the tackle right he would have blocked the ball.

I am not saying that he was shocking overall. More like "rather poor" still.

Well 1st goal came from his side of the defense and for 2nd goal - Hugo went to cover back-post and his tackle deflected shot into first post. If he would have got the tackle right he would have blocked the ball.

I am not saying that he was shocking overall. More like "rather poor" still.

But of a reach that I think, I wouldn't say he as the direct cause of either goals unlike the Chelsea (1st leg) and Morcombe match.

Exactly. CB is a late-developing position. He needs to play and work through these things. Tough to say if we are the right place for him to do it though.
Exactly this, defenders only hit their peak at 25/26 onwards. He's come into a team going backwards and made mistakes many young defenders do but I think he's got the physical and mental attributes to be a good player for us. Not against a loan but wouldn't be happy for him to be sold. It's not sustainable to keep throwing money at our problems, sometimes we need to give players the chance to realize their potential. Conte is a top manager to learn from.

AC Milan would be a great experience for him but will he actually get games there?

With Dier and Romero coming back Japh will certainly find minimal games here this season and if we sign Traore then he won’t get any minute at RWB either. A loan makes sense as long as he will play. No point swapping one bench for another.

Well, he has played 90 minutes in 4 consecutive games. And from last 7 he has played full game in 5.
It is exactly my worry that he has not improved during that run, though of course it is still small sample size.
You said it too small a sample. You will notice I did not say he needs games for us I also explicitly said he needs games at the bottom of the EPL or top of the championship. Think he'd be silly to go to Italy.

But of a reach that I think, I wouldn't say he as the direct cause of either goals unlike the Chelsea (1st leg) and Morcombe match.
disagreed.
Better / clear tackle for 2nd would have blocked the shot.
It literally deflected in from his leg, more chance that Lloris would have saved it if not for that too indecisive interfearance. His touch took Lloris out and let the ball in.

disagreed.
Better / clear tackle for 2nd would have blocked the shot.
It literally deflected in from his leg, more chance that Lloris would have saved it if not for that too indecisive interfearance. His touch took Lloris out and let the ball in.

He was stretching for the ball, of course there's a risk that he may not get to it but it took a deflection off him, I mean you can put blame on him if you want to scapegoat someone but it's hardly anywhere near his errors in the previous matches.

He was stretching for the ball, of course there's a risk that he may not get to it but it took a deflection off him, I mean you can put blame on him if you want to scapegoat someone but it's hardly anywhere near his errors in the previous matches.

True, and I am not saying he singlehandedly is at fault of this goal.

Just saying that better defender with quicker reaction would have got enough on the ball to stop it, not directing it to own net.

Back
Top Bottom