Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our biggest weakness this season and last is the poor 2nd 11. Now either we rotate more to maintain more players getting enough matches or players like Tanganga have to be good enough to play when called upon. Cannot worry about him not getting enough games as we need to strengthen the squad. He has played enough over the last 2 years without establishing himself. I question whether he will ever be good enough for the first 11 and if he stays will have to be content with a supporting role.

I’d be sad to see Tanganga leave as I think there’s a player in there.

Lack of consistent game time has really hindered his progress. He should have had a season on loan in the championship last year like Skipp; we’d have a far greater understanding of his potential if he had.

As it is this last run in the team has been underwhelming and it looks like we’re ready to cash in. It’s important we use the loan system more effectively going forward.

This is not gossip this is quoting his agent. JT was due to go on loan but after his great game v City in our opener it was decided (Nuno?) to keep him at Spurs.
Anyone who tells you that no luck is involved in a player's career is a liar.

Again, homegrown problem. Can we actually rely on this guy as a squad player?

I like his attitude, but he's just a foul machine.
I don't like his attitude, he's stupid. It seems he's combative cause he has zero awareness, always late, always putting a foot wrong and trying to compensate with power. He's been owned in a regular basis by every player he faces.

I don't like his attitude, he's stupid. It seems he's combative cause he has zero awareness, always late, always putting a foot wrong and trying to compensate with power. He's been owned in a regular basis by every player he faces.
He was probably alright at the youth levels with his physique. He is definitely not premier league level at the moment. I am not sure he would cope in the Championship either. As you say, the mental side is just not there.

I think he has talent but needs time to play at a lower level to get more experience. Has been screwed a bit the past year and half getting moved around from RB to CB to RCB.

I would rather him in the club over Dier, Sanchez, Davies but he needs to go on loan ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom