Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Out for the rest of the season.

A statement on the official Spurs site read: “Japhet Tanganga has undergone surgery on his right knee and will be out for the remainder of the season.

“The England Under-21 international will undergo a period of recovery and is expected to return to training during the pre-season period.”

I think Conte likes him so let's hope he can get fit for next season.
Personally I would loan him.

Must be either a MCL or ACL injury but as our medical department gives zero detail on injuries we will probably never know.

Reminds me of Wanyama where we never actually got a clear diagnosis of what his career-destroying knee injury actually was.

Tanganga made 19 appearances in all competitions this season - including an excellent contribution to beating Man City pocketing both Sterling & Grealish.

Real shame he's out for the rest of the season, hopefully back fully fit for pre-season - was rarely if ever injured in Spurs youth but seems to have had a couple when playing for the first team.

Best of luck to him

Needs be loaned out all next season- send him and Sarr to Norwich for the full season, please. Never gonna get enough games here at his current level, and won't get to a higher level without more games. Levy I hope you are reading this, you bald bum.

I dunno what CCV's contract situation is, but he might be a nice stopgap 5th/6th choice RCB for us next season while Tanganga goes on loan.

Must be either a MCL or ACL injury but as our medical department gives zero detail on injuries we will probably never know.

Reminds me of Wanyama where we never actually got a clear diagnosis of what his career-destroying knee injury actually was.

Wanyama's been on £62K/wk at Montreal in MLS.

Tanganga made 19 appearances in all competitions this season - including an excellent contribution to beating Man City pocketing both Sterling & Grealish.

Real shame he's out for the rest of the season, hopefully back fully fit for pre-season - was rarely if ever injured in Spurs youth but seems to have had a couple when playing for the first team.

Best of luck to him

His stats against ManCity were impressive as were they against Liverpool previously. Clearly able to cope with playing at the top, so hope he's back to start again on pre-season

He's in danger of becoming one of those players that will be a bit part player at a club due to his ability to play in three or four positions, but not excel in any. I'm not even sure what his best position might be as of right now.

He's in danger of becoming one of those players that will be a bit part player at a club due to his ability to play in three or four positions, but not excel in any. I'm not even sure what his best position might be as of right now.
I feel pretty convinced at this point that his best position is RCB. Hes definitely more defensive but lacks a bit of height compared to most CBs. After that I'd say he's best as a shutdown, Kyle Walker-style RB (needs work on his offensive game, as did/does walker). And I think it's pretty clear he doesn't have the offensive skills to be a RWB.

Though he has the skillset and disposition to be a CB, that lack of height is a real killer in a league like the prem, where teams like West Ham are putting midfields of Soucek and Rice out there- it really helps on set pieces to have as many tall bodies as possible- obviously while trying not to sacrifice the quality of football as much as possible.

I know this whole thing with height is a bit of an anaethema for some, but hopefully its understood as just another opinion on footballing.

I remember he played on the right of a back 3 and looked shaky, but I think when he played on the left he looked very calm and suited him

Hopefully gets a full pre season with Skipp, these 2 with the aggression they have will play their part next season

Makes no sense to sell or loan him out if the club are planning to sell Winks because of the 4 club trained UEFA limit, unless the club decided to also bring back somebody like Walker-Peters. Basically need to keep 4 from Kane, Skipp, Tanganga, Winks and Austin

Back
Top Bottom