Javier Hernandez - the forgotten striker?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading BBC online today and see we have been linked to Javier Hernandez a striker who I had almost forgotten about tbh.

Taken from the mirror:

"Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is making a shock move for Manchester United's Mexican goal machine Javier Hernandez - but will have to pay £15million.

Big-spending Spurs have approached the Premier League champions about the little striker, who seemingly cannot get close to winning a regular spot in manager David Moyes' No.1 side.

Villas-Boas knows he needs a new finisher and there are few better than the man known as Chicharito, whose record is excellent despite his frequent spells out of United's starting XI.

Spurs could sell Jermain Defoe before the window shuts - the England striker is being chased by several clubs, who are ready to bid if they encouraged.

Hernandez would be a more-than-adequate replacement and would fit in with their style, and help ease the demands of a busy season at home and abroad.

United are not pushing out the Mexico international, who has never given them any trouble, but a sizeable bid may see his spell at Old Trafford end.

Spurs, characteristically, would like to drive a hard bargain and land Hernandez for around £7m-£8m, but the asking price is double that and will stay that way.

Moyes needs a quick decision on the 25-year-old, as he would have to assess whether he needs an extra striker himself - a squad man happy to make only a handful of appearances - to replace Hernandez.
Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...rget-manchester-uniteds-2233781#ixzz2dLVrUflt"

If true it would seem like another good transfer - a proven premier league striker for reasonable money if we can meet halfway between the two clubs valuations.

It would signal the the for Defoe I fear which would be a shame but Hernandez represents a step up in quality, he is young and with low mileage I think this could be another great signing if it goes through.

If this were to happen, which I doubt, it would be a massive signing for us. Getting a player in their prime to join us from Manchester United would suggest that our position among the Premier League's best players, and I do consider Hernandez to be one of those, has improved significantly.

Case in point; Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer.

In the context of being competition/back up/rotation for Soldado I think this makes a hell of a lot of sense, they have quite similar attributes and so would offer great continuity between them

In the context of being competition/back up/rotation for Soldado I think this makes a hell of a lot of sense, they have quite similar attributes and so would offer great continuity between them
Fuck a duck - it's gonna snow in Africa tonight!

Thought you hated him?

They are going to ditch Ade and Defoe, would be worth it for this bloke and perhaps another.

I cannot fully explain why but I'd rather keep JD. Think sometimes in football it's nice to see loyalty from fans and players alike (Pompy never happened) JD has looked sharp and composed from the bench so far and has the ability to hold on to the ball and drag out the ends of a match whilst also posing a serious threat. Also if United sell him I'd be shocked, though he would at least triple his playing time if he came here

did-not-read-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-927.gif

This signing really doesn't excite me that much. Defoe is an adequate sub for soldado and offers a few other things that the spaniard doesn't. I'd prefer to get a 'plan b' strike. Basically a skilful beast to batter through defences when soldado's subtlety and movement isn't working. Lukaku would be perfect but he's not for sale, so someone of his ilk. Bony at 8 million would have been good.

@ WHITE&BLUE WHITE&BLUE I know who you're going to suggest but that ship has sailed amigo

Back
Top Bottom