Jermain Defoe - He is you know

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WookieD

wharrgarbl 💫
"Leicester are a great team. What they've done there this year is unbelievable, an unbelievable story.

"But I'd like to win that game - and then at the end of the season we're safe and Tottenham win the league."

Check the video out at 4:25
:freundgoal:

Probably get slated here, but we could do worse than have JD as a back up for Harry next season. Yes, he's getting on a bit but he's still scored 15 goals for that shower of shite, has always known where the net is, wouldn't mind being back up, has bags of experience in the PL & is a Yiddo through & through.

:defoe:

Probably get slated here, but we could do worse than have JD as a back up for Harry next season. Yes, he's getting on a bit but he's still scored 15 goals for that shower of shite, has always known where the net is, wouldn't mind being back up, has bags of experience in the PL & is a Yiddo through & through.

:defoe:

I think he needs to play quite regularly to keep fitness and form - his attitude as a reserve / sub has always seemed a bit off.

Racking my brain to think of a third striker type to use as a sub and in cups and I keep circling back to Defoe. Why were we in such a hurry to move him on for relative peanuts? Could be useful for us still.

Just signed a 3 year deal at Bournemouth on a free according to to the Beeb

Edit - here's the official Bournemouth tweet

Last edited:
You know what I mean. They can afford his wages as there is no transfer fee.

I didn't realise I missed week out of my post. Interesting that Bournemouth can afford to offer these players that much. Must be earning more than everyone at Spurs not named Kane or Lloris.

I didn't realise I missed week out of my post. Interesting that Bournemouth can afford to offer these players that much. Must be earning more than everyone at Spurs not named Kane or Lloris.

I knew you meant 80k a week. And our players are underpaid in this league. It will bite us in the end.

I knew you meant 80k a week. And our players are underpaid in this league. It will bite us in the end.

I think one of Pochettino's approaches may be that you're rewarded for hard work - a lot of our players bar Alderweireld and Lamela have gotten pay rises and new contracts over the last 12 months. Hopefully Alderweireld will get his within the next month or so.

If they keep it up, I'm sure they'll continue to be rewarded.

I think one of Pochettino's approaches may be that you're rewarded for hard work - a lot of our players bar Alderweireld and Lamela have gotten pay rises and new contracts over the last 12 months. Hopefully Alderweireld will get his within the next month or so.

If they keep it up, I'm sure they'll continue to be rewarded.
I think our player's contracts are heavily appearance related, so the basic figures look a bit low. Just a guess.

Of all the good that is happening at Spurs, this still nags away. The money we are talking is absurd to us normal folk when we say £80k a week is on the low side. But there are smaller teams than us that manage to offer these loony sums & getting bitten isn't an option for us when our star is rising. Imagine losing our best because we won't pay the going rate for the level of talent we have? It's unthinkable.

Of all the good that is happening at Spurs, this still nags away. The money we are talking is absurd to us normal folk when we say £80k a week is on the low side. But there are smaller teams than us that manage to offer these loony sums & getting bitten isn't an option for us when our star is rising. Imagine losing our best because we won't pay the going rate for the level of talent we have? It's unthinkable.

Yep, it's transfers that get players, but it's wages that keep them. It's a concern, but as long as the players are happy at Spurs, I'm sure we can remain competitive when it comes to wages and bonuses.

Back
Top Bottom