Jermaine Jenas: Pundit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Compare him to Michael Owen, Alan Smith and Robby Savage and you have you ur answer.

Would prefer Gibbsy to that lot!

Cunts

Toa
Compare him to Michael Owen, Alan Smith and Robby Savage and you have you ur answer.

Would prefer Gibbsy to that lot!

Cunts
Totally agree Owen is the biggest cunt.. my god his commentary is shocking.... I would rather watch the game in silence then here that moron drown on about absolutely shite...

Jens has impressed me with he is analysis on MOTD would prefer he to ti the lot you mentioned any day of the week. I would get to watch football and hear the crowd for once.....

Keown must be shitting the bed that our boy is the new footballer on the block who actually is intellegent and can string a full sentence together, poor old monkeys head's won't have as much take home this year!

Get in there JJ! :mong:

Keown must be shitting the bed that our boy is the new footballer on the block who actually is intellegent and can string a full sentence together, poor old monkeys head's won't have as much take home this year!

Get in there JJ! :mong:

Maybe I'm being duped, but I think Keown is the fairest to us out of all of them.

Maybe I'm being duped, but I think Keown is the fairest to us out of all of them.

No you are right, as he has intellegence, he always did, can actually see what goes on not just a myriad of cliche's

IN general I have always said defenders make the best pundits as they read and watch the game

Owen, Wright, Shearer clueless, Hansen, Keown, Neville, Carragher far better

No you are right, as he has intellegence, he always did, can actually see what goes on not just a myriad of cliche's

IN general I have always said defenders make the best pundits as they read and watch the game

Excellent point.

It's like in baseball. Catchers make the best managers because they are the quarterbacks of the field when they play and understand every position.

Jenas is my favorite when he's on MOTD or on 5Live, not because he's ex-Spurs but because he sees all sides of the big picture of the pitch.

Go wash your mouth (well fingers) out.

Do you watch QT with a sense of masochism? I know I do.

It's the audience participation I don't like, I know there nervous but the majority just sound like complete morons. Even when they manage to get a sentence out it's usually a well worn cliche which just proves they don't know anything about the subject at all. I don't know where they get the rabble from, they pick the most stupid people ever. I bet there's loads of people you could pick off the street who could come into a studio and talk articulately about a subject of politics. It's the 'wham, bam' nature of it I don't like, the constant meaningless sound bites. Just give someone time to construct a coherent argument. Not the politicians though, it's funny how they're capable of just droning on and on saying nothing really. All it reveals is an incredible sense of self importance.

It's the audience participation I don't like, I know there nervous but the majority just sound like complete morons. Even when they manage to get a sentence out it's usually a well worn cliche which just proves they don't know anything about the subject at all. I don't know where they get the rabble from, they pick the most stupid people ever. I bet there's loads of people you could pick off the street who could come into a studio and talk articulately about a subject of politics. It's the 'wham, bam' nature of it I don't like, the constant meaningless sound bites. Just give someone time to construct a coherent argument. Not the politicians though, it's funny how they're capable of just droning on and on saying nothing really. All it reveals is an incredible sense of self importance.
GOAT avi

Jenas was the worse player in the worse Tottenham game I have ever had to watch (vs newcastle away a few seasons back towards the end of Jol's tenure), it was dire from both sides, a conference side could have put five past us that day.
I never thought he reached his early potential and that's because he started doing the Jamie Redknapp thing - passing the ball sideways, not taking any risks, as if his confidence deserted him and he was scared of making a mistake and getting booed.
But he's a very good pundit and did a solid job for us all round. He also doesn't get caught up in the manufactured tit-for-tat with others pundits which seems to be all the rage these days.
My venom is reserved instead for arrogant dickhead journalists like Henry Winter.

Back
Top Bottom