Jewish chronicle article on Spurs and the Y-Word

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m Jewish and have never been offended by the word, the hundreds of Jews I know (spurs fans or not) have also never been offended by it. Comparing N*gger to Yid is way off the mark.

I can also absolutely guarantee that David Baddiel is not offended by it, if it was associated with Chelsea fans instead of spurs he would absolutely love it and say it all the time.

He’s embarrassed that he follows a team that are genuinely anti Semitic and is trying to blame that fact on other fans/teams so he has an excuse to go and watch Chelsea play. This whole thing is just him in denial

Well, he famously ripped Jason Lee by blacking up and putting a pineapple on his head, so there's that.

Lee said: "I'd ask them if they realised the significance of what they were doing. It was, looking back, a form of bullying. I work in equalities now, and it can affect different people in different ways. I don't think people appreciate the possible harm it can cause. Not everyone has the make-up to deal with that, and they shouldn't have to."

Well, he famously ripped Jason Lee by blacking up and putting a pineapple on his head, so there's that.

Lee said: "I'd ask them if they realised the significance of what they were doing. It was, looking back, a form of bullying. I work in equalities now, and it can affect different people in different ways. I don't think people appreciate the possible harm it can cause. Not everyone has the make-up to deal with that, and they shouldn't have to."
Chelsea fan through and through

So your racism is fine because Baddiel is also a racist?

So your racism is fine because Baddiel is also a racist?
You aren’t actually reading the posts are you? We’re trying to discuss the subject and you’re just blindly quoting people calling them racist. If you are indeed Jewish, and are offended by the word, tell me what exactly it is about the word that you don’t like, what happened in history that made the word offensive? Try and do it without google

I’m Jewish and have never been offended by the word, the hundreds of Jews I know (spurs fans or not) have also never been offended by it. Comparing N*gger to Yid is way off the mark.

I can also absolutely guarantee that David Baddiel is not offended by it, if it was associated with Chelsea fans instead of spurs he would absolutely love it and say it all the time.

He’s embarrassed that he follows a team that are genuinely anti Semitic and is trying to blame that fact on other fans/teams so he has an excuse to go and watch Chelsea play. This whole thing is just him in denial
You are not offended (who knows why) but I am and many others are. So, you should do the right thing.

Comparing "yid" to "nig*er" is absolutely appropriate. The later was screamed by the KKK as they burned black people and the former was screamed by nazis as they killed jews.

As I say, it all boils down to this: YOU LIKE CHANTING IT. pure and simple. You'll always find a way to justify your self hate racism.

Go to any prison, it's full of innocent people.

You aren’t actually reading the posts are you? We’re trying to discuss the subject and you’re just blindly quoting people calling them racist. If you are indeed Jewish, and are offended by the word, tell me what exactly it is about the word that you don’t like, what happened in history that made the word offensive? Try and do it without google

So in every day life, if someone at your work introduced you as "this is Larry, he's a yid" you wouldn't find that odd or racist behaviour?

To be honest I don't know why I am engaging because of course you would. But you'll find a way to excuse it or justify it.

That word in any other context is out of order. And it is out of order in this context too.

So in every day life, if someone at your work introduced you as "this is Larry, he's a yid" you wouldn't find that odd or racist behaviour?

To be honest I don't know why I am engaging because of course you would. But you'll find a way to excuse it or justify it.

That word in any other context is out of order. And it is out of order in this context too.
I would certainly find it odd, because it’s an odd way to introduce someone, but offended, no

The_Dark_Lord you still haven’t answered my question pal, what’s offensive about the word? What is the history of the word?

The_Dark_Lord you still haven’t answered my question pal, what’s offensive about the word? What is the history of the word?
You aren’t going to answer so I’ll tell you

it was used by Jews first and foremost, as a self deprecating term

it was then used briefly to describe Jewish people living in London after the war, because they spoke Yiddish. In truth it was a ‘yank’ or ‘Brit’ of the time

still offended?

Dark helmet just fuck off!! it must be your time of the month!! Calm down and go have a nap!!!

You are not offended (who knows why) but I am and many others are. So, you should do the right thing.

Comparing "yid" to "nig*er" is absolutely appropriate. The later was screamed by the KKK as they burned black people and the former was screamed by nazis as they killed jews.

As I say, it all boils down to this: YOU LIKE CHANTING IT. pure and simple. You'll always find a way to justify your self hate racism.

Go to any prison, it's full of innocent people.
If it's appropriate why have you censored one word and not the other?

Back
Top Bottom