Jewish chronicle article on Spurs and the Y-Word

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You aren’t going to answer so I’ll tell you

it was used by Jews first and foremost, as a self deprecating term

it was then used briefly to describe Jewish people living in London after the war, because they spoke Yiddish. In truth it was a ‘yank’ or ‘Brit’ of the time

still offended?
You're a moron. Tell me the etymology of "paki"? Just tell them when you say that that it comes from Pakistan and is no different to calling a British person a "Brit".

I told you that would just try and justify the use of the word. And again, it all boils down to the fact you and other assorted racists and morons love to chant "YID".

Just admit you know it is wrong but your love of chanting it is more important than the offence you cause.

You're a moron. Tell me the etymology of "paki"? Just tell them when you say that that it comes from Pakistan and is no different to calling a British person a "Brit".

I told you that would just try and justify the use of the word. And again, it all boils down to the fact you and other assorted racists and morons love to chant "YID".

Just admit you know it is wrong but your love of chanting it is more important than the offence you cause.
I’m a moron yet you’re the one that thinks the Nazi’s shouted ‘YID’ as they killed Jewish people 😂

I’m not trying to justify the use of the word, I’m offering you an insight into its history and why people aren’t offended by it, read a book mate

It literally derives from the German word for Jew!

No, it comes from Yiddish, the language. Not one German used the word before, during or after the war, if you said Yid to a German they’d have no idea what you are talking about

Everybody nowwww...

YIDDDDDD ARRRRRMMMMYYYYYYY!

giphy.gif

i also only see one person on this thread trying to force people to agree with him, and getting angry when they don’t. Everyone else is trying to discuss the topic.

throwing around playground insults when someone doesn’t agree with you is pathetic.

You called someone a retard earlier, you could ask every single person (including Jews) in this country what is more offensive, yid or retard, and everyone would say retard

you’re the one promoting hate speech

You're all racists. What can I tell you. Your blind love for screaming "YID" inappropriately has blinded otherwise sane people.

"Its use in a derogatory way was started by racists in Nazi Germany. This deplorable action should not have the power to forever change its meaning into an abusive term.
UNQUOTE

Whilst I disagree with the second sentence - because it has, the first is true.

You're all racists. What can I tell you. Your blind love for screaming "YID" inappropriately has blinded otherwise sane people.

"Its use in a derogatory way was started by racists in Nazi Germany. This deplorable action should not have the power to forever change its meaning into an abusive term.
UNQUOTE

That definition is a very similar writing style to yours............

it’s also one quote from one random place on the internet, hardly gospel

I don’t know if you’re an angry Chelsea fan or what, but you’ve had your fun now, so fuck off and wind someone else up

Yids

UNQUOTE

Also in extended use: a supporter of or player for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

YID ARMYYYYYYYYY

i also only see one person on this thread trying to force people to agree with him, and getting angry when they don’t. Everyone else is trying to discuss the topic.

throwing around playground insults when someone doesn’t agree with you is pathetic.

You called someone a retard earlier, you could ask every single person (including Jews) in this country what is more offensive, yid or retard, and everyone would say retard

you’re the one promoting hate speech
I detest that word, truly horrible.

I’ve just had a toasted beigel with pate for my breakfast, I found that offensive, it was fucking horrible

Damn French, I blame Brexit for my idiocy
You wanna know a Dirty Jewish secret??
The best Beigel by far... is A BACON BEIGEL!
There... a 'contradiction Beigel' if you will!

Back
Top Bottom