Jingle Bales Jingle Bales

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

£50? £60? I think he is worth closer to £80. Especially with Levy. He is younger than when Ronaldo was sold, he has showed everything that Ronaldo showed at Manchester United.

If we get CL this year, Bale will stay. Depending on the performances and investment next season with CL will define Bales future with Spurs.
If we fail to qualify, I'm afraid Bale will be sold, but don't expect anymore than £35M/£40M
The days of Ronaldo deals are in the past,perhaps Messi would command such a fee, but I don't think he is going anywhere soon.
It would be nice to think that Bale would stick around to finish the job, but at the end of the day, money is not the be all and end all to some players, I think Bale fits into this catogorie. If he moved, I genuinely believe it would be to realise his ambitions, I would not blame him, would you?:baletroll:

No. I wouldn't. At the end of the day its going to be up to the Board. Sure there are plenty of benefits to come with the influx of cash...whether or not we are competing in CL (but lets be honest...we are gonna get the title).

Bale is the type of player a club can build on. If we are able to keep him...it means franchise growth...sponsorships, fan base, viewership, "brand growth", and maintaining a top notch squad. Take the natural benefits and couple them with moderate investment in the squad (one or two key signings and significant squad depth) the team can compete at the highest level for at least the next contract cycle. If Carlito can hook me up with the club's books, I can run some models and get you guys some hard figures.

don't expect anymore than £35M/£40M
The days of Ronaldo deals are in the past
I wouldn't be so sure about that...
Neymar, Falcao, Cavani, Aguero, Silva... Their market value is already around £35m/£40m (or higher)... So you can expect the buyer to pay around £45m/£50m+ for any of them. Falcao's release clause for example is rumoured to be £46m, Cavani's is around £50m.

I would say ATM Bale's value is £60m+

Valuations can go up and down, and your stadium may be at risk ..... :)

ENIC are both the solution and the problem

They do great things like getting Bale for approx 7m, but they steadfastly refuse to pump their own cash into the club to get us onto that next title challenging level

Of course they could put in the money and it still might not do the trick, but it's pretty clear from their reign that without the money that title challenge (a challenge still going into April, not Februrary) isn't happening

All the comments on that article are about the Old Firm.

I have 'flu. Tl;dr, but Bale is cool and is an inspiration to us all. Even if you have an unfortunately simian face, your image can still rake in millions.

The commercial and footballing sides of clubs are so much more interdependent these days. The media may speculate as to the value of a player, but the club will have its own valuation which will include sponsorships, shirt sales, crowd pull etc...

So, you may believe Bale is worth (say) £40m, but to the club, the whole package may be more like £60m

The commercial and footballing sides of clubs are so much more interdependent these days. The media may speculate as to the value of a player, but the club will have its own valuation which will include sponsorships, shirt sales, crowd pull etc...

So, you may believe Bale is worth (say) £40m, but to the club, the whole package may be more like £60m
Absolutely no way is Bale worth £40m, £60m is the minimum we'd sell him for at the minute.
Even then we wouldn't unless Bale started sulking. To actually get a club to buy him while Bale isn't agitating for a move, £80m has to be the minimum, otherwise why sell?

Absolutely no way is Bale worth £40m, £60m is the minimum we'd sell him for at the minute.
Even then we wouldn't unless Bale started sulking. To actually get a club to buy him while Bale isn't agitating for a move, £80m has to be the minimum, otherwise why sell?
Just a number I plucked from the air to illustrate the point.

The value to the club may well be in excess of 80m

Hi BB, no probs, I understood it wasn't your valuation.

But I've seen this ridiculous valuation and even lower on t'net recently. It's just laughable,

'Madrid poised for £38m bid'

Why, why waste a phone call. Even Levy's PA wouldn't pick up the phone for that kind of two bob (or euros) offer.

Hi BB, no probs, I understood it wasn't your valuation.

But I've seen this ridiculous valuation and even lower on t'net recently. It's just laughable,

'Madrid poised for £38m bid'

Why, why waste a phone call. Even Levy's PA wouldn't pick up the phone for that kind of two bob (or euros) offer.
I know, and listen to that prat Durham on Talkshite, he was saying £25m !!

Was listening to talkshite on Friday night in the car. Gough came out with some utter bollocks about "if RvP was only worth £25m, why would Bale go for more?"

SO so black and white, that the majority of the argument with them two clowns isn't even taken into consideration. I expected a lot of "idiot" Spurs fans to ring up but the ones that did were pretty level headed.*

*Although they did still feed the troll, so not that level headed.

Back
Top Bottom