Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's done and has been for some time. The way he performed for England during Euro 2016 goes under the radar, it was one of the worst keeper performances in an international tournament ever. Every shot on his goal went in, many under him or through him.

He was very good in his prime, but fell off really quickly for a keeper and has never recovered. Error prone, can't save low shots, and is shit with the ball at his feet. Has kept getting jobs based purely on past reputation.
And he's a cunt.

.....Sinclair is also saying "Look; he's moved teams and gone on to do well and win a trophy".

As if the SPL is on par with the EPL & Italy (he didn't even cut it at Torino!). :roll:

His best performance at our ground was when he played for City and pulled off a string of outstanding saves to keep the game goalless. Opening game 2010, I think.

Yeh, I remember it.

2010-12 he was a machine in that City goal.

Long time ago now though.

I don't think Nuno did anything wrong. Nuno told him that he wasn't in his plans for the season, Hart asked Nuno to put his position as manager aside and for his analysis as a former keeper, and Nuno gave it to him.

What's better for Hart? To be stuck in the reserves without any road to the first team, or to move and maintain a starting position while he's still got some time left?

Any new manager deserves the chance to reshape the squad to their own liking, and that means parting ways with certain players and it's not always pretty.

Joe Hart explains Tottenham exit after cutting ‘too old’ remarks by Nuno Espirito Santo​

Joe Hart has revealed the brutal conversation he shared with Nuno Espirito Santo that led to his Tottenham exit.
The former England goalkeeper was halfway through a two-year deal in north London when the Portuguese boss arrived last summer, before delivering a damning assessment of the 34-year-old’s abilities.

“There was a big change going on at Tottenham,” Hart recalled on the In The Stiffs podcast. “They needed a lot of people out and a lot of people in. [Nuno] proceeded to call me in.

“He was like, ‘I'll speak first. Let's be absolutely clear, no matter what happens, you'll not kick a ball this year’.

“I had got on really well at the club, people had bought into what I was trying to bring and I was like, ‘Right, okay’. He said you'll be free to work with the sporting director to get yourself out. However you want to play it, play it.”

Hart was quickly moved on to Scottish Premiership side Celtic, where he has become the first-choice goalkeeper and won the League Cup amid a title fight with Rangers.

In his place, Tottenham signed Pierluigi Gollini to serve as back-up to Hugo Lloris, although Nuno was eventually dispensed with himself less than three months later.

He continued: “[Nuno] just went, ‘In my opinion, we all reach a point in our career where the body won't allow you to play football. We're at it now. I would not feel comfortable with you playing one minute for me.

“‘The ball's too quick for you, you're too old, you're not moving, you've got no strength in your body’.

“I literally went home and I am completely baffled here, I think I'm done, I can't be a***d anymore. I can’t sit in a room anymore and have that said to me by him.”

I wouldn't mind, but we got rid of the gorgeous Gazzaniga for this joker!
Liverpool Fail GIF by MolaTV

I genuinely feel bad for our Celtic brethren for taking Ange and lumbering them with this complete clown...we would have warned you had you asked!!

Back
Top Bottom