Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We lost just 3 games Lloris started and completed over the course of the whole league season. And very likely would have finished in the top 3 had he not got injured.
A bit of a step too far.

Hugo got injured through one of the worst pieces of goalkeeping I've ever seen.

He did.

But our record WITH him this season is exceptional.
It really hasn't.

Out of 27 starts

13 wins, only time we beat a club that finished above us was the 2-0 City game that we rode our luck.
6 draws
8 defeats.

To say Hugo would have had us top 4 for sure when at times he was so ridiculously lucky (City, Southampton and other games where we got lucky and got the win Everton, Villa etc.) his record, like the rest of the team's wasn't massively impressive.

He came back from lockdown in vastly better form and made very few errors, but what Hugo appears this season? The dominant keeper after lockdown, or the watch -through-gaps-in-your-fingers keeper he had been for the most part.

It really hasn't.

Out of 27 starts

13 wins, only time we beat a club that finished above us was the 2-0 City game that we rode our luck.
6 draws
8 defeats.

To say Hugo would have had us top 4 for sure when at times he was so ridiculously lucky (City, Southampton and other games where we got lucky and got the win Everton, Villa etc.) his record, like the rest of the team's wasn't massively impressive.

He came back from lockdown in vastly better form and made very few errors, but what Hugo appears this season? The dominant keeper after lockdown, or the watch -through-gaps-in-your-fingers keeper he had been for the most part.

This season (In the league)

90 minutes completed: 20
W: 11
D: 6
L: 3
PPG: 1.95

Points over a whole season: 74

That'd got us 3rd.

That's a fact.

This season (In the league)

90 minutes completed: 20
W: 11
D: 6
L: 3
PPG: 1.95

Points over a whole season: 74

That'd got us 3rd.
Yeah, but here's the thing

He didn't play against Liverpool twice, Chelsea once or Man United once would we have averaged 1.95 points out of those games?

Averaging points per game that he played in is bullshit, especially if he didn't play as many of the big teams.

Just go with this.

For the early part of the season up to his injury and for some games thereafter, he looked dodgy as hell and rightly the club went after Nubel to replace him. Since his return after lockdown, like Toby, he has performed like an entirely different player wit a minimum of mistakes and very important performances.

Now the big question is, what Hugo do we get this season? The one that dominates, makes the right call and looks like a top class keeper, or the one that can't jump properly, runs into his own players and generally makes poor decisions and scares the shit out of everyone??

Yeah, but here's the thing

He didn't play against Liverpool twice, Chelsea once or Man United once would we have averaged 1.95 points out of those games?

Averaging points per game that he played in is bullshit, especially if he didn't play as many of the big teams.

Just go with this.

For the early part of the season up to his injury and for some games thereafter, he looked dodgy as hell and rightly the club went after Nubel to replace him. Since his return after lockdown, like Toby, he has performed like an entirely different player wit a minimum of mistakes and very important performances.

Now the big question is, what Hugo do we get this season? The one that dominates, makes the right call and looks like a top class keeper, or the one that can't jump properly, runs into his own players and generally makes poor decisions and scares the shit out of everyone??

He didn't - but it'd be hard to believe that we'd have done worse with Lloris in goal.

Gazzaniga was a fucking disaster against Chelsea and Man Utd - especially Chelsea where he decided to drop kick a player instead of grabbing the ball.

Personally I don't care what Hart has won in the past...sorry, what City have won in the past with Hart in goal.
He's not in decline either, he was never very good, and Guardiola was quick to realise that Hart is a limited keeper. His positioning is poor, his distribution awful, his handling poor, decision making poor, command of his area is poor despite being very shouty. His shot stopping is ok but he has no real talent for being a keeper other than being 6' 3" and professionally coached. Generally a good keeper looks even better in a poor team with so much to do, he couldn't make it at Wet Spam or Burnley and Spam had no-one of any quality to push for the No.1 spot.
As I said previously, he's a waste of wages. And what pisses me off all the more is people saying he will only play in the league cup or some shit, whilst we are apparently clamouring for a trophy!
Didnt the man Guardiola replaced him have something like a zero save percentage?

He was open about why he replaced hart. Ball at feet.

He didn't - but it'd be hard to believe that we'd have done worse with Lloris in goal.

Gazzaniga was a fucking disaster against Chelsea and Man Utd - especially Chelsea where he decided to drop kick a player instead of grabbing the ball.
Thing is, when you get into the land of "If only" and "imagine" anything is possible.

If Leicester had been relegated in 2014/15.....
If Harry Kane never got injured.....
If we had been able to sign De Jong, De Ligt etc.

Hugo is our number one, and rightly so, lets see how we get on from here.

Yeah, he made the PFA Team of the Year a couple of times and nobody found it strange at the time as he was the best goalkeeper in the league or at least on the best goalkeepers.
This one kills me...sport is about right now. By this logic let's get Jimmy Greaves back he be perfect could play with or even ahead of Kane. Hart will be gone in one season just hope to God he never plays a pro match for us.

Oh but pasted it to me gotcha. No for a brief window he was good. Then the window shut with a resounding bang
And the sound of tinkling glass. I can't believe he's in the 'frame' to be our number 2 keeper, that first goal against Watford his eyes just seemed to 'glaze' over. Let's hope Mourinho soon 'sees through him' and it's 'curtains' for Joe. Otherwise we'll just be 'putty' in the hands of our opponents.
:mourfacepalm:

Last edited:
And the sound of tinkling glass. I can't believe he's in the 'frame' to be our number 2 keeper, that first goal against Watford his eyes just seemed to 'glaze' over. Let's hope Mourinho soon 'sees through him' and it's 'curtains' for Joe. Otherwise we'll just be 'putty in the hands of our opponents.
:mourfacepalm:
Amen. Whats worse and I say this with sympathy for the man he is gone. Its mental but he is finished as a pro player and should just quit. That some keep talking about but he's third choice so it's OK, belies the truth...finished as a sportsman its like a golfer with the yips he is shot

I agree and some posters seem to have forgotten that when not wanting Hart.

I agree and some posters seem to have forgotten that when not wanting Hart.
Let's wait and see just how good/bad Hart is before we make any comparisons of him to Hugo or Gazza. First Watford goal was shocking but it was pre-season so the jury is still out. Let's judge after he has a couple of cup games under his belt.

I can't believe he's in the 'frame' to be our number 2 keeper,

Oh Hagrid by big half breed friend. Why do you never listen to me, you know it upsets me.

Fulham have got someone else.
Austin going on loan.
Gazza going nowhere.
Hart is 3rd choice.

If he plays more than 5 games for us, I'll be shocked.
Trust old Stevee

Oh Hagrid by big half breed friend. Why do you never listen to me, you know it upsets me.

Fulham have got someone else.
Austin going on loan.
Gazza going nowhere.
Hart is 3rd choice.

If he plays more than 5 games for us, I'll be shocked.
Trust old Stevee
I do my mate, just couldn't resist all those window jokes.

Back
Top Bottom