Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is
he
really
our
2nd
glove
now o_O
???

Don't know what to make of this.
Maybe we have found suitor for Gazza for like 10 mil in which case it KINDA would make sense.
But still... hope Lloris never gets tired nor injured.

Gazza is fucking bang average.
We're no worse off with Hart as no.2
We'd be no worse off in goal if Kane filled in. We'd just be shit at the other end.

I said early on the Hart signing made no sense as a 3rd keeper. Should have used a kid. But as a 2nd keeper and letting Gazza go made some sense. Free up a foreign spot and have some experience on the bench for the keeper.

Hart is probably the best of the 3 with his feet. Even on a dodgy pitch his kicking game was decent last night.
It's more his ability to use his hands wisely that worries me. Let's just see how he gets on against better opposition. I agree Gazza's spot needed challenging, but if the club has money to spend (which it certainly appears to do), I did not see the point in taking the chance of Hart imploding when there were perhaps less risky options available for a relatively low cost.
As I have said before, I sincerely hope he turns his career around with Spurs and keeps Hugo on his toes for the first keeper spot, but for the moment the jury is still out. I'll wait and see how things develop before I become convinced this was a good ploy.

It's more his ability to use his hands wisely that worries me. Let's just see how he gets on against better opposition. I agree Gazza's spot needed challenging, but if the club has money to spend (which it certainly appears to do), I did not see the point in taking the chance of Hart imploding when there were perhaps less risky options available for a relatively low cost.
As I have said before, I sincerely hope he turns his career around with Spurs and keeps Hugo on his toes for the first keeper spot, but for the moment the jury is still out. I'll wait and see how things develop before I become convinced this was a good ploy.
I share the worries.
He has only had 1 shot that he could have saved to deal with since he joined us (the one vs Watford) and he let it in.

Hart may or may not still be a good GK but he in no way fills me with any confidence. I appreciate it's not easy for keepers when they're thrown in sporadically but I think I'd rather Hugo just play every match he can.

Hart may or may not still be a good GK but he in no way fills me with any confidence. I appreciate it's not easy for keepers when they're thrown in sporadically but I think I'd rather Hugo just play every match he can.
That's the danger. Hugo is overworked, possibly injured and then we may have to use Hart long term regardless of results. Our Captain needs to feel that little bit of competition for his first team place, as does every player. I just don't think Joe Hart is the one to exert that pressure.

The thing that worries me is, if Hart is really no. 2, as he appears to be, then how bad is Gazza.
This would mean getting 2 keepers next year to fill Hart's and Gazza's spots, assuming we don't have a kid as 3rd choice.

All that being said I trust Nuno and Jose know who is better out of the 2

All that being said I trust Nuno and Jose know who is better out of the 2
On the training ground it may well be that Joe excels in comparison to his counterpart Gazza. It's the question of having that self belief in your abilities during the heat of intense competition, when playing a top class Premier or International side who put you under incredible pressure. Can he still do the business if required to ?
🤞🤞🤞🤞

That's the danger. Hugo is overworked, possibly injured and then we may have to use Hart long term regardless of results. Our Captain needs to feel that little bit of competition for his first team place, as does every player. I just don't think Joe Hart is the one to exert that pressure.
What nonsense - Lloris doesn’t need competition and no one ever rotates their keepers. Hugo starts every game when fit - period

Back
Top Bottom