Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think he was that good?

I just remember him doing a lot of shouting and appearing in hair Ads
There was one or two seasons at City I genuinely thought he was top drawer. A beast that rarely if every made a mistake.

I think Peps lack of faith really knocked his confidence completely. He never recovered from it.

There was one or two seasons at City I genuinely thought he was top drawer. A beast that rarely if every made a mistake.

I think Peps lack of faith really knocked his confidence completely. He never recovered from it.
It's a bit annoying reading the BS about Joe.
He was excellent for many years then dropped form but I was happy when he signed for us as back up but I was shocked to realise his wages. But good on his agent.
And good on Joe if he decides to forsake a year's great wages in the hope he gets a few more years in the game.
I hope we don't have to subsidise his wages and with Levy maybe we get an inksy winksy fee?

It's a bit annoying reading the BS about Joe.
He was excellent for many years then dropped form but I was happy when he signed for us as back up but I was shocked to realise his wages. But good on his agent.
And good on Joe if he decides to forsake a year's great wages in the hope he gets a few more years in the game.
I hope we don't have to subsidise his wages and with Levy maybe we get an inksy winksy fee?
Well, let’s not kid ourselves. He was an excellent goalkeeper for sure, but us signing him was still a shambles. The guy shouldn’t have been anywhere near our bench never mind our team. He should have been a third choice whereby he was only in the squad for absolute emergencies and to offer advice to younger players. Gazzaniga was a much better goalkeeper.

Well, let’s not kid ourselves. He was an excellent goalkeeper for sure, but us signing him was still a shambles. The guy shouldn’t have been anywhere near our bench never mind our team. He should have been a third choice whereby he was only in the squad for absolute emergencies and to offer advice to younger players. Gazzaniga was a much better goalkeeper.
All about the onions.
Gazza wasn't awful but if Poch was not our manager no way he would have become a Spurs player.
But Hart can leave with no protests from me and looking back maybe he wasn't such a smart buy.

I think Pep really didn’t rate him because of his distribution

Pep wanted his teams to play out from the back starting with the keeper

Joe couldn’t do that

He's an experienced top professional that has more medals than the rest of the squad put together almost.

Pretty sure the squad like the guy, he hasn't caused any issues or problems and has been a better back up than Gazzaniga was, mystified as to the amount of disrespect he seems to he given.

He's an experienced top professional that has more medals than the rest of the squad put together almost.

Pretty sure the squad like the guy, he hasn't caused any issues or problems and has been a better back up than Gazzaniga was, mystified as to the amount of disrespect he seems to he given.

Good post and says so much about our lofty and warped view of what a squad needs and the players who are deemed worthy of respect.

In truth though, it was not a move that made much sense, mostly because Hart just isn't the goalkeeper he once was.

Far too damaged for that and being a nice bloke shouldn't have been enough.

Also costly mistakes for England; not the first goalkeeper to have his confidence really rocked by it. That howler against Iceland seemed to coincide big time with a drop in his form.

Back
Top Bottom