Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gray has more hyper than Wharton did. Is he going right to the top?

Don't think I've ever seen him have a great game to warrant the hype tbh.

Strikes me a bit of someone getting overhyped because he's a teenager playing men's football. Certainly no where near Bellinghams level and if he came through a Prem clubs academy, wouldn't be starting games that's for sure.

Strikes me a bit of someone getting overhyped because he's a teenager playing men's football. Certainly no where near Bellinghams level and if he came through a Prem clubs academy, wouldn't be starting games that's for sure.
Has anyone actually said he's near Bellingham's level? He's had loads of great games this season even though he's not been playing his most natural position which IMO is CM/AM although do like him at DM, I think he averaged as Leeds' 3rd best player based on match ratings from Leeds fans. He's half a year younger than Tyrese Hall and he's already playing 2 national team age groups above him with England u21s and has played a full season for a top Championship team and is being scouted by Real and Bayern. Obviously his price will be inflated by connections to the club and that he's young enough to be club trained etc but he is really talented and probably warrants a fair amount of hype.

Has anyone actually said he's near Bellingham's level? He's had loads of great games this season even though he's not been playing his most natural position which IMO is CM/AM although do like him at DM, I think he averaged as Leeds' 3rd best player based on match ratings from Leeds fans. He's half a year younger than Tyrese Hall and he's already playing 2 national team age groups above him with England u21s and has played a full season for a top Championship team and is being scouted by Real and Bayern. Obviously his price will be inflated by connections to the club and that he's young enough to be club trained etc but he is really talented and probably warrants a fair amount of hype.

Yet I'd much rather develop Hall instead of waste our money on Gray.

Thanks for this.... I just managed to cancel my order for the ltd. edition Archie Grey monogrammed wank towel.

Yet I'd much rather develop Hall instead of waste our money on Gray.
Don't think signing Gray would stop us developing Hall. Hall will likely need loans out anyway and it's still a question mark how he'll deal with men's football. I like Hall but not expecting him to burst on to the scene any time soon, he was playing u18s the first half of this season. No reason both Hall and Gray couldn't play in the same team in the future either, both fairly versatile. Don't personally see it as a waste of money, moreso investing in putting the squad in a healthier position for the future but can understand you thinking that if you've not really seen the best of him yet. Either way, as I said before, I think he'll stay at Leeds anyway.

Very unlikely there is a better 4th choice option than him, unless he’s insistent and the money talks, although maybe the non home grown thing goes against him ?

Back
Top Bottom