Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus Christ, are there Spurs fans on here seriously criticising him? This young lad has just played his full debut against probably one of the best sides in the division, kept a clean sheet and got a busted lip to show for it. Yes, he made a few errors, but as proven by the interview, he’s not happy with that, so proves what a professional he is. Excellent from Rodon, I thought he was solid as fuck at times. Played mate, good debut.

We bought a player from the championship and we question his performance on his first start in possibly the most difficult PL match he can have ? TFC can be a tough audience.

Made a couple of mistakes which could have cost us but for most of the time a very solid performance.

Will need time to learn PL and improve, but a decent start : we knew we were not buying the finished player so that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone

It's spelt fucking RODON. Not RODEN or bloody RONDON - arrrrggghhh!

And NO, he CANNOT play on Thursday you illiterate, forgetful, cave-dwelling bastards!

Last edited:
Rodon is going to make mistakes. But the theory is he will grow and learn.

Dier on the other hand has had years and is still a clogger.

We have dead rubbers now and Toby needs to spend as much on field time with Rodon as possible. The only thing Joe is learning now is how cronyism functions.

Typical levy. Dont bother with actually signing a quality centre back, just attempt to buy one from the championship who is definitely not any better than the ones we have .....whats the point
Ah give it a fucking rest Nigel. We've had a phenomenal window.

You could win the fucking lottery and find a reason to complain about it.

:mourfinger:

We've ever had, really. I'm not sure how old you are.
But I remember us signing klinsmann, popescu and dumitresco hot on the heels of a world cup they starred in...actual world stars.....no really
Good shout Nige
Klinsmann left a year later. Popescu and Dumitrescu were never good enough. Dumitrescu played a grand total of 18 times for us. He wasn't even good enough for West Ham.Popescu managed a massive 23 games before he left. (Somewhat astonishingly, to Barca)
Closest we got to success that particular year was, as bunburyist bunburyist has pointed out was 7th in the league(our best for 5 years), and getting butt fucked by a poor Everton 4-1 in the cup semi. The same Everton that finished 15th.

Thats the year you've chosen to use. Honestly, how some of you fuckers seem to view the Sugar era as some kind of Golden age, I can't understand.

Last edited:
Bit iffy at times.

But it's probably the first time he's ever played on the right side of defence in his competitive career, he was playing away at Stamford Bridge, which was a match to see who could go top of the Premier League table and he kept a cleansheet.

Really, bale and reguillon aside.
You couldn't wait for us to sign those players specifically, because of the quality and talent that has lit up the clubs they came from...do me a favour, they are all 2nd rate at best, nobody else was interested in any of them.
I cannot believe you thought in pre season ...wow I cannot await to sign vinicius from benfica he is brilliant, or wow hojburg is my dream holding midfielder how did we snatch him away from Barcelona and bayern who were so desperate for him.......you mean you are hsppy to settle just because we actually bought some players after levy said we had no money. Let's not worry about how actually good any of them are, we are just happy to have some signings.......bloody hell this settle for any old crap is the reason we never win and never will, whilst we just accept 2nd and usually 3rd rate players over and over again.......if i am wrong we will start to win trophies and you can a have a go, but we both know that ain't happening any time soon...now you can come out with all the childish name calling but deep down you know its true, and thats really why you are annoyed at me.........the truth is painfull, especially with levy involved..

You're a clown lol

I thought he was good today. Imagine being a 1st year EPL player and having Davinson fucking Sanchez as your "veteran calming presence."

People constantly say we should be buying top level talent from the Championship to develop them and then when we do and they look raw for a bit they complain about it.

The guy has the tools and composure to be a good CB for us long term. He's solid positionally, has a good touch, seems good in the air and is comfortable with both feet. Only his longer range passing stands out to me so far as not being great.

Give him time.

Back
Top Bottom