Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And then handed Finland a goal :(

But before that, he was getting some good reviews.
I think"handed Finland a goal" is a bit much,yes he was the defender exposed by a clever ball over his head,and Pukki finished with class.The tendancy for every goal to be the defenders"fault" is a little passé don't you think.Wales fan not a Spurs fan so of course feel free to tell me to f off,but seriously ,he is better than all your current Cab's,and you will in a year or two to be laughing at the pittance you paid for him.I'm not a kid ,been watching Wales since 1975 ,and this kid is the best CB I've seen,even better than Paul Price! Lol thought I'd better get a Spurs reference in.

I think"handed Finland a goal" is a bit much,yes he was the defender exposed by a clever ball over his head,and Pukki finished with class.The tendancy for every goal to be the defenders"fault" is a little passé don't you think.Wales fan not a Spurs fan so of course feel free to tell me to f off,but seriously ,he is better than all your current Cab's,and you will in a year or two to be laughing at the pittance you paid for him.I'm not a kid ,been watching Wales since 1975 ,and this kid is the best CB I've seen,even better than Paul Price! Lol thought I'd better get a Spurs reference in.

Its poor positioning.

But besides that, he's young, he's learning and he's going to make mistake, all about ironing those out. Besides that it sounded like he had a good game.

Its poor positioning.

But besides that, he's young, he's learning and he's going to make mistake, all about ironing those out. Besides that it sounded like he had a good game.
He did mate ,I'm not excusing the error,just pointing out that the ball was excellent,it was so tempting for him as a tall man to go for the header,but just cm's to high.I wasn't denigrating your current centre backs,I just think he's better,when Bale went off there was no hesitation in giving him the captain's armband,future Wales and Spurs captain for me.

Better than Paul Price. Is this a good thing?

Is he better than Mike England, that's what we want to hear! We are greedy.

Only joking, thx for info,

Baptism of fire.

Chelsea, Woolwich and Liverpool all potentially coming up for him if he is to replace the injured Alderweireld.

I agree. Why does everyone think that young international players are not up to the mark

I dunno; perhaps we should have a look at your take on things in the Bergwijn thread and ponder that further.... (You know, he who was actually favoured ahead of Bale yesterday!)

. Interesting that Mou favoured him ahead of Bale yesterday !

......I know you think Bale is a viable LB, but surely Bale replacing an injured CB is a stretch even for you?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom