Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never understood why he didn't get any game time when Dier was injured and Conte said that Rodon was his replacement before. Instead, we played Tanganga just to witness his disasterclass v Chelsea. That decision will always baffle me...

London based Swans fan here. Good luck for the season and please go win something... anything... so we get some add ons
o04QHH4.gif

And then handed Finland a goal :(

But before that, he was getting some good reviews.
I think"handed Finland a goal" is a bit much,yes he was the defender exposed by a clever ball over his head,and Pukki finished with class.The tendancy for every goal to be the defenders"fault" is a little passé don't you think.Wales fan not a Spurs fan so of course feel free to tell me to f off,but seriously ,he is better than all your current Cab's,and you will in a year or two to be laughing at the pittance you paid for him.I'm not a kid ,been watching Wales since 1975 ,and this kid is the best CB I've seen,even better than Paul Price! Lol thought I'd better get a Spurs reference in.

Pleased with Mourinhos comments after the game.

I hope Rodon plays centre back for the rest of the season tbh - he's only going to get better and more comfortable by playing football. He plays on the left of defence for Wales and played on the left for Swansea - so perhaps partner him with Alderweireld and replace Dier.

Rodon is integrating better and better at the Rennes stadium, after a difficult start. He plays every game, and is complementary with our Belgian international defender Theate, who is better in recovery. He seems to like Rennes, and the Breton anthem is musically identical to the Welsh anthem!

I assume all the posters turning their nose up were also turning their nose up when we were linked with Grealish when he was in the Championship. Now he’s worth £80m.

Playing for a lower league club does not mean a player is not a top talent.

Jose on Levy;

“I think it’s a great occasion to publicly thank my boss, my board, Mr Levy, the structure, everybody involved in the transfer window because what they did for the team was amazing,” said Mourinho.

“In such a difficult period where I always believed we would not be able to reach some of the targets, some of the needs, the club made an incredible effort and Mr Levy showed once more that when he wants and when he’s really involved, he is genius in the way he makes deals happens.

“I can only publicly thank them for what they gave to the team. And now is for me, my staff and the players to answer in a positive way and have a good season.”

Considerably better than Harry Maguire based on recent performances and cost us £11m instead of £80m so I’m dead happy. Swansea fans seem to think that we’ve robbed them blind.

Left-sided CB which we’ve been crying out for and a very tall lad so will give us more of an aerial threat at set pieces. Add to that the fact that he’s homegrown in the Premier League’s eyes and Levy has seemingly played a blinder.

Never said he was a random player and yes seeing him in games in which Toby has clearly outplayed him shows why Toby is clearly better,

Watching Toby start and play better for Belgium also still shows why he is again clearly, not close to not a little, but clearly better.

It is not close, it is not debatable. Hopefully Rodon will sooner than later pass Toby but as of now he is not close to doing it.
Spurs really should have played Toby and Rodon

Back
Top Bottom