Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alongside Toby the only CB I want us to keep for next season.

I would rather us keep Tanganga if we are only keeping two but keeping both guys makes sense.

I don't see anything that leads me to think he will be a quality starter in the PL at any point. but still looks like a useful squad player and came in cheap so no real complaints about keeping him.

I would rather us keep Tanganga if we are only keeping two but keeping both guys makes sense.

I don't see anything that leads me to think he will be a quality starter in the PL at any point. but still looks like a useful squad player and came in cheap so no real complaints about keeping him.
again he has been here how long

Tanganga has mostly been at RB recently. Agree we should be keeping hold of him.

Error against Chelsea - his first game - aside, I think Rodon has looked solid.

What gets me is we play teams in the relegation spots and frequently they have CB's that play their heart out and defend as if their life depends on it. I put Rodon in that category after coming from Swansea and seeing him really putting the effort in. No he will not be a class CB say like Stones bringing the ball out but defensively he looks sound and not easily dominated. We will need to bring the class CB in to replace Toby but Rodon will make the perfect partner for him.

Only good one in the backline today.
Made numerous good interceptions or headers and unlucky that for the 2nd goal he cleared the ball off the line but unfortunately Sanchez was marking him (Rodon) rather than the Newcastle players.

I thought he was good today. Imagine being a 1st year EPL player and having Davinson fucking Sanchez as your "veteran calming presence."

People constantly say we should be buying top level talent from the Championship to develop them and then when we do and they look raw for a bit they complain about it.

The guy has the tools and composure to be a good CB for us long term. He's solid positionally, has a good touch, seems good in the air and is comfortable with both feet. Only his longer range passing stands out to me so far as not being great.

Give him time.

Back
Top Bottom