Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he was good today. Imagine being a 1st year EPL player and having Davinson fucking Sanchez as your "veteran calming presence."

People constantly say we should be buying top level talent from the Championship to develop them and then when we do and they look raw for a bit they complain about it.

The guy has the tools and composure to be a good CB for us long term. He's solid positionally, has a good touch, seems good in the air and is comfortable with both feet. Only his longer range passing stands out to me so far as not being great.

Give him time.

Who is complaining about it?

I like watching Rodon play. Has a bit of style, plenty of grit, seems very driven to defend. Plenty to tidy up in his game but he's a positive I'd take from recent games.

Also why did Mourinho keep him away from the squad for like 2 months.

That guy is fucking senile.

Why would you keep your best CB away from the squad for 2 months. SMH.

I didn't see Toby away from the squad for 2 months. We certainly missed him today but I can't remember two months with out him.

I just read that he can't play against City having already played in the cup for Swansea.

This day has just got worse..
Dier and Sánchez vs City

giphy.gif

This kid is going to be good, he has the right attitude and all the tools. At least Mourinho recognises that he has to play.

Just a huge shame that he can’t play in the cup final.
Pity he didn't recognise he had to play earlier in the season when he froze him out for months or when he left him out of the Europa squad. Been treated abysmally probably because he wasn't Mourinho's first choice.

Build the defence around him.

Please god no.

I know he hasn't been as shit as Dier or Sanchez but he hasn't really shown much either. He hasn't shown he can be a decent PL CB let alone anything close to something we should build around, especially with his weakness on the ball.

He looks like a decent squad guy but unless he takes massive steps probably someone who should be on the bench in the PL and certainly should not prevent us from getting two better CBs asap.

Back
Top Bottom