Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's the Mourinho approach. Others went through it, Bale, Dele, Toby. You either play every week because he loves you or he gives you minimal minutes and then when you make the inevitable mistake he cunts you off for months to try and prove himself right. I am so glad he's gone.

The use of Rodon under Jose and for that matter Mason was shit. He is a class, a top CB talent wise, if as a manager you can’t make something out of this guy you shouldn’t be managing.

13m was a snip for this guy last year. He's far from a top CB right now but looking forward to seeing how he grows with more top level experience. Definitely cost us not signing him in time for Europa registration, would have figured out a lot sooner that he's better than Dier/Sanchez.

The use of Rodon under Jose and for that matter Mason was shit. He is a class, a top CB talent wise, if as a manager you can’t make something out of this guy you shouldn’t be managing.
I’m not sure he’s been given the chance to prove he’s a top CB yet but a) He should have been given that chance all last season and b) he’s clearly in far better form than the hapless Sanchez and Dier

I’m not convinced he’s the answer yet, but there’s definitely a chance he’s good enough and I hope he gets a decent run next season

No one is pretending he is the best centre back in the league, but his performances for Wales prove he is miles better than either Doc or Sanchez! He needs some PL experience now to see how good he can become! Wouldn’t be against a Tanganga / Rodon partnership

No I am not in a debate at all I am currently correcting people who are wrong.

If I tell people the earth is round and they say it is flat that doesn't mean it is debatable whether the earth is flat or not.

That is the debate here, it isn't opinion on who is better it is a fact Toby is. So no debate just correcting those people who are clearly wrong.
Thank fuck we have you on here to correct everyone who are wrong

How did we manage before?

Lmfao 🤣

Rodon has the desire& want to defend.
Dier can talk about defense but last season was leaving the balls through in 6 yard area…

It’s criminal that Rodon couldn’t play more games than Dier or Sanchez

What I like about Rodon which I've said before is he's like one of those lower table CB in that he'll put his body on the line. He'll stick his head just about anywhere and he's old school.

He's old school but he has a bit of pace (which most people don't realise) and his distribution is decent (not the best but can better)

Why Sanchez/Dier kept getting minutes over him baffled me. This guy is so talented and has to get a lot of minutes next season.

What I like about Rodon which I've said before is he's like one of those lower table CB in that he'll put his body on the line. He'll stick his head just about anywhere and he's old school.

He's old school but he has a bit of pace (which most people don't realise) and his distribution is decent (not the best but can better)

Why Sanchez/Dier kept getting minutes over him baffled me. This guy is so talented and has to get a lot of minutes next season.
You’ve described John Terry’s attributes there

We have a number of players that work better in a back 3 than a back 4:

Rodon, Tanaganga, Davies as LCB, Doherty

Work fine in either: Toby, Reguilon- although Reguilon might be a bit better as a WB

Work better in a back 4: nobody

Flat out suck and don't work at all: Dier, Aurier, Sanchez

We probably need at least 2 new CBs and a new RB so we could change this and if we do get someone like Andersen that we have been heavily linked with then he doesn't work well in a back 3 especially with Toby already here and both suited for the middle spot.

Back
Top Bottom