Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Beardo has to put immense focus into getting this guy properly integrated.

Imo he's crucial to our season.

Sanchez and Dier WILL make point/s-costing mistakes.

There's been no magic switch that's suddenly turned all that off.
And he played well for Wales and definitely shows promise

Hopefully he’s over his injury now

he's likely to start if fit on Sat isn't he? we'll be without Sanchez and Romero.

How fit he is remains the pertinent question.....

If he plays for Wales on Wednesday and again for us at 12.30 on Sat; that's somewhat excessive for a player who's been on the shelf since July.

Stability wise bringing Rodon in for Sanchez causes the least disruption.

Nuno may wait for the ECL to give Emerson his debut rather than straight into PL action against Palace's tricky wingers.

Guess it will all depend on Rodon's match fitness.

Yeah I imagine we'll see this. Rodon to get his first runout in the ECL.

Then again, Nuno might not fancy Tanganga as a CB in a 2 at all. Back 3?
It's a tough one.. probably the best chance he'll have to get a look at him at CB given that he has two weeks of preparation with both Dier and Tanganga available for training. As good as he's been the first few games I think we're in an odd position with him. Could be a excellent CB but he needs a season of starts in the position at a high level to figure it out and we won't be able to give him that.

True, but it does mean we'll have to sacrifice a man from the MF battle.... Or worse a fwd.

Came to say what already was said - playing 3CBs and 2 attacking fullbacks does not have to mean we play super-defensive football!

Specially given that in past 2 EPL games we have had weak link in both midfield area (Alli) and forward line (3rd attacking player on top of Son+Kane).

We have played with 3 CDM, so replacing one CDM with CB is not that much of a change anyway, is it.

I could see us playing -

-----Son---Kane---
-----Alli/Moura-----
---Skipp--PEH---
-Reggie------Royal
Rodon-Dier-Tanganga
--------Lloris---------

I think that would be quite decent lineup, in fact.

Came to say what already was said - playing 3CBs and 2 attacking fullbacks does not have to mean we play super-defensive football!

I've not said anything of the sort (I'm more than aware that a back 3 doesn't automatically equate to parking the bus thx).

Funny however, that you're considering Skipp & PEH as attacking MFs tho. (Yet; see below)

.....You seem to be overselling your position.

Specially given that in past 2 EPL games we have had weak link in both midfield area (Alli) and forward line (3rd attacking player on top of Son+Kane).

Not sure why you'd say Dele has been a weak link....

We have played with 3 CDM, so replacing one CDM with CB is not that much of a change anyway, is it.

We haven't played 3CDMs though.....

1 x DM / 2 x #8s.... 2 of which you're simultaneously describing as AMs (See above).

I could see us playing -

-----Son---Kane---
-----Alli/Moura-----
---Skipp--PEH---
-Reggie------Royal
Rodon-Dier-Tanganga
--------Lloris---------

I think that would be quite decent lineup, in fact.

My point is/was simple..... Against CP i'd like to think our FBs would be given license to attack even without an extra CB.

As per your suggestion; we'd be switching up a working system to accommodate 2 likely rusty CBs rather than 1.

Back
Top Bottom