Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's become one of those players that people want to see because the others aren't up to it. So people say let's play this guy instead.

There's a reason none of the last 3 managers have wanted to pick him. Let him go somewhere else in the summer.

It's mental, he didn't get games under Jose, Nuno and now Conte yet fans think he's the messiah who's gonna come in and stabilise the defence.

Like I keep saying if your 6th (sixth) choice in this set of defenders then you really have no business being in this team.

It's mental, he didn't get games under Jose, Nuno and now Conte yet fans think he's the messiah who's gonna come in and stabilise the defence.

Like I keep saying if your 6th (sixth) choice in this set of defenders then you really have no business being in this team.
I hear you but I wonder if he had played instead of Sanchez whether our last 2 results would have been better.

Never understood why he didn't get any game time when Dier was injured and Conte said that Rodon was his replacement before. Instead, we played Tanganga just to witness his disasterclass v Chelsea. That decision will always baffle me...

Never understood why he didn't get any game time when Dier was injured and Conte said that Rodon was his replacement before. Instead, we played Tanganga just to witness his disasterclass v Chelsea. That decision will always baffle me...

He was injured too wasn’t he? Cracked ribs.

He’s very good at dealing with balls coming into the box in the air and clearing those with his head, but I’m not so sure he’s as good with the ball at his feet and that’s possibly one reason why he hasn’t played more for us.

He needs to move on for everyone’s benefit.

from what I have seen he is a good defender, better than Sanchez and really works hard. I can only assume that it is Conte wanting his defenders to play out from the back is what is letting him down in training. If that is the problem and I cannot recall what he was like but he has not played for so long and they were all crap a few months ago. If that is the problem then there is no hope for him and if Conte stays then he goes.

Conte praised him for his attitude in training but picks Sanchez in front of him.
He has made more than one mistake playing for the first team but that can't be the reason he has been snubbed.

Rodon has always been reliable as fuck playing for Wales. Not sure why it has not happened for him with us, and it's a shame.

He is a good defender, and he's done it against some of the best at international level.

Needs a move and could definitely cut it at a premier league club with lower expectations. Someone like Brentford would be a good fit, imo.

Conte praised him for his attitude in training but picks Sanchez in front of him.
He has made more than one mistake playing for the first team but that can't be the reason he has been snubbed.

Conte sees him every day in training. If others are preferred then it’s because Conte thinks they are better than him. That’s it. Mourinho, Mason and Nuno also had Rodon at the bottom of their pecking order.

He seems like a good lad so I hope he gets a nice loan or a transfer and makes it as a PL player.

One good game in an international against Austria doesn't suddenly mean hes a good player, always looked very shaky to me when he's played for us. If we're judging players off internationals then Maguire would be world class...

Rodon has always been reliable as fuck playing for Wales. Not sure why it has not happened for him with us, and it's a shame.

He is a good defender, and he's done it against some of the best at international level.

Needs a move and could definitely cut it at a premier league club with lower expectations. Someone like Brentford would be a good fit, imo.

Or West Ham. He'd be perfect there.

Back
Top Bottom