Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Proper lol at that.

Possibly the best window we’ve ever had. If you don’t think we’ll ever win...my god man why bother
We've ever had, really. I'm not sure how old you are.
But I remember us signing klinsmann, popescu and dumitresco hot on the heels of a world cup they starred in...actual world stars.....no really

My Swans supporting mate mentioned him to me weeks ago but said it's probably a season too early.

No idea personally, never seen him play. Is he better than Japhet?

But I remember us signing klinsmann, popescu and dumitresco hot on the heels of a world cup they starred in...actual world stars.....no really
Old enough to remember that one, it was a good one.

We went on to finish 7th, 27pts behind Blackburn. Year after that 8th, year after that 10th. So....yeah...

No World Cup this year, but Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Bale, Doherty would all be starring if their countries qualified. We shall see

Good shout Nige
Klinsmann left a year later. Popescu and Dumitrescu were never good enough. Dumitrescu played a grand total of 18 times for us. He wasn't even good enough for West Ham.Popescu managed a massive 23 games before he left. (Somewhat astonishingly, to Barca)
Closest we got to success that particular year was, as bunburyist bunburyist has pointed out was 7th in the league(our best for 5 years), and getting butt fucked by a poor Everton 4-1 in the cup semi. The same Everton that finished 15th.

Thats the year you've chosen to use. Honestly, how some of you fuckers seem to view the Sugar era as some kind of Golden age, I can't understand.

Last edited:
I assume all the posters turning their nose up were also turning their nose up when we were linked with Grealish when he was in the Championship. Now he’s worth £80m.

Playing for a lower league club does not mean a player is not a top talent.

Or Maddisson.
Signed from Norwich after a season in Championship.
Moved to Leicester and played 36 times out of 38 in EPL next season.

Not saying that this guy will do the same, but there are A LOT of examples where Championship players make the transition very quickly. Heck, Alli came straight from League One !

The fact is the Championship is a stronger, deeper league than the Eredivisie, or Belgian Jupiter League. Maybe the coaching is not as good for developing players but there’s no reason not to look for talent there. Look at the likes of Watkins and Bowen who’ve made the move easily.

Last edited:
Players we've signed from relegated or lower league sides since 2004 are Robinson, Defoe, Carrick,Lennon, Dawson, Bale, Alli. We were heavily linked with but failed to get Joe Gomez,David Brookes and James Maddison. Of course they don't all work out like Callum Davenport, Andy Reid and Chris Gunter but its been a really successful policy for us over the years. I wish we'd done more of it and got Watkins and Godfrey but Rodon is highly rated, i'm sure they've asked Davies and Bale about him so this makes sense to me.

If this player was called Jorginho Ronaldinho people like Nige would be wetting there pants at signing one of the best young Spanish prospects, but the fact he comes from Swansea and plays in the champo means he isnt glamorous enough for them, the same reason they thought Hojbjerg was a shit signing i guess, remind me how that worked out in his last couple of games?

Players we've signed from relegated or lower league sides since 2004 are Robinson, Defoe, Carrick,Lennon, Dawson, Bale, Alli. We were heavily linked with but failed to get Joe Gomez,David Brookes and James Maddison. Of course they don't all work out like Callum Davenport, Andy Reid and Chris Gunter but its been a really successful policy for us over the years. I wish we'd done more of it and got Watkins and Godfrey but Rodon is highly rated, i'm sure they've asked Davies and Bale about him so this makes sense to me.

Signed Peter Taylor from 3rd Division Palace as well. Didn't work out too bad.

Some People are so narrow minded and stupid when it comes to the transfer window.
I would not imagine for one minute that DL signed any players without the stamp of approval from Jose. So these players are players in positions that José wants. I would have a guess that none of the critics of our signings in here are as successful managers as José.
The transfer window has been brilliant we have addressed the imbalance in the squad, we have filled gaps and we have added flair, leaders, winners.

too many people believe that Fifa and football
Manager is how the real Game works.
I genuinely believe we will win something this year.
I guess even when we do some of the idiots would pick Holes in It

Forgot about him. I wonder if he still has a move in him before 16th?

Even the ones that don't work out you sell to the likes of reading or west ham for a tidy sum and get most of your money back, or even turn a small profit

Back
Top Bottom