Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve only listened to his podcast a few times is he really worth the money?

tenor.gif

No its about signing players that improve us your right. These new players merely fill in gaping holes that this board have allowed to happen.
We were above Liverpool for 3 or 4 seasons but they managed to invest properly on the right quality players that were needed, not a bunch of players that ard barely good enough to be squad players.
So now they are winning titles as we painfully know whilst we scrape about for some cheap players to fill gaps, lets see who is more successful..
We all know the answer is not us and it could and should have been very different if levy and co had acted like football people and invested whilst we were in the ascendancy....but that ship has sailed and sprung a leak.

FFS... there are ups and downs in football and sports in general.
Day berfore yesterday we were ahead of Liverpool. Before that, once again, they won titles (such as CL). Yesterday and today they are on top. Tomorrow we might get ahead of them again. No one will stand on the throne forever.

No one is denying that the club and mr Levy made some mistakes before. Literally - I have seen no-one who would say he has made perfect decisions all the time. But that is not the question here. You are massively shifting goalposts now. Question is - was our past window a success - and question to that is - "yes it was"!
After all if you make mistakes, you can just sit, cry and dwell on them (like you seem to prefer to do) or you can acknowledge that you fucked up and step by step try to make things right again (which mr Levy did this past window).

FFS... there are ups and downs in football and sports in general.
Day berfore yesterday we were ahead of Liverpool. Before that, once again, they won titles (such as CL). Yesterday and today they are on top. Tomorrow we might get ahead of them again. No one will stand on the throne forever.

No one is denying that the club and mr Levy made some mistakes before. Literally - I have seen no-one who would say he has made perfect decisions all the time. But that is not the question here. You are massively shifting goalposts now. Question is - was our past window a success - and question to that is - "yes it was"!
After all if you make mistakes, you can just sit, cry and dwell on them (like you seem to prefer to do) or you can acknowledge that you fucked up and step by step try to make things right again (which mr Levy did this past window).
Fair points mate, but I don't believe levy thinks he made mistakes and is trying to rectify them. He is just doing enough as always, otherwise he would not of just sat idle whilst Liverpool overtook us....in my small opinion, I don't like to dwell on them but its hard to ignore when he has been doing this now for 20 years

Fair points mate, but I don't believe levy thinks he made mistakes and is trying to rectify them. He is just doing enough as always, otherwise he would not of just sat idle whilst Liverpool overtook us....in my small opinion, I don't like to dwell on them but its hard to ignore when he has been doing this now for 20 years
Levy always said that once the stadium had been built we would then change our spending and he would try and make us compete, just doing enough would have been to take a punt on someone like Eddie Howe when sacking Poch, instead he went out and got one of the most successful managers in the game and has backed them in the transfer window.

so if we had sold Kane in the way that they sold Coutinho, you wouldn't have whined or said a word about it ?

Klopp took them to a champions league final on a net spend of 700K. the issue has never been how much we spend. its been that we tend to not spend it well

so if we had sold Kane in the way that they sold Coutinho, you wouldn't have whined or said a word about it ?

Klopp took them to a champions league final on a net spend of 700K. the issue has never been how much we spend. its been that we tend to not spend it well
Coutinho was not on Kane's level, more like we would have sold Eriksen for 1,4 bil 5 years ago. That I would have taken.

Coutinho was not on Kane's level, more like we would have sold Eriksen for 1,4 bil 5 years ago. That I would have taken.
the priciple was though,they sold the player that was considered their star man

and had we done so (Kane or Eriksen), there would have been plenty of "selling club..no ambition..only interested in prpfit, not backing the manager" and so on.
and had we achieved what the dippers have since, there would have been plenty of "managed it despite the board"

:mourthumb:

Playing football for this exciting new Spurs side alongside his Welsh team mate Gareth Bale is surely enough to tempt him away from the bright city lights of Swansea ?

Nothing can do that!!

I spent a couple of rainy nights there in January once
Put ten years on me!

No its about signing players that improve us your right. These new players merely fill in gaping holes that this board have allowed to happen.
We were above Liverpool for 3 or 4 seasons but they managed to invest properly on the right quality players that were needed, not a bunch of players that ard barely good enough to be squad players.
So now they are winning titles as we painfully know whilst we scrape about for some cheap players to fill gaps, lets see who is more successful..
We all know the answer is not us and it could and should have been very different if levy and co had acted like football people and invested whilst we were in the ascendancy....but that ship has sailed and sprung a leak.

the priciple was though,they sold the player that was considered their star man

and had we done so (Kane or Eriksen), there would have been plenty of "selling club..no ambition..only interested in prpfit, not backing the manager" and so on.
and had we achieved what the dippers have since, there would have been plenty of "managed it despite the board"

Sterling, Suarez, Coutinho..... All sold before their peak.

Last edited:

If we sold one or Erisken or even Dele in pochs reign then I can’t Imagine the amount of abuse levy would have got!!

If we sold one or Erisken or even Dele in pochs reign then I can’t Imagine the amount of abuse levy would have got!!
We have to remember, what other clubs do only matters if it can reflect negatively on us. Club X spending 120% of their turnover on wages? Why don't we do that? No ambition, sack the board

There were plenty of people saying we should sell Eriksen in 2018 when it became clear that he was running down his contract in exactly the same way he did at Ajax. It’s difficult because I think Poch and Levy developed a really strong emotional connection to a lot of the squad, when maybe clear eyes and vision were needed.

I wonder if he will get much game time this season?
If he's good I don't see why not. Big guy, apparently great on the ball and a good defender. None of our CB's are world beaters so I could see him getting a chance if he's as good as social media chatter indicates.

Looking forward to seeing him play tonight.

Back
Top Bottom