Jonas on free transfer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Jonas on free transfer?

• Total voters
We are in the 13th month of the settling period time of Soldado, now we want his strike partner who scored a lot less than Robbie? Could do more harm than good...I'd rather wait for PL-proven Rodriguez.

Woolwich have won one trophy in 8 years and are notorious for long term injuries to key players. I'd say they've not done a great job of juggling league and Europe for a club of their size and resources.

Anyway it's about the quality of players not quantity. One more average striker isn't going to help us finish top 4.

It would give us a better chance than having 2 and a half strikers.

We are in the 13th month of the settling period time of Soldado, now we want his strike partner who scored a lot less than Robbie? Could do more harm than good...I'd rather wait for PL-proven Rodriguez.
I like Rodriguez but one good year doesn't make him premier league proven, especially when it ended with an ACL tear.

And yet you can't see the difference, being THREE injuries away from disaster and only ONE injury are not quite the same.

You agreed with a post that said we need to drop Ade for Soldado...

Is it Ade you are worried about getting injured....or Soldado? And you dont rate Kane whatsoever?

What about the new idea of the three behind the striker? You think there is no goals in that system. I think all three will start scoring...Chadli already has.

I'm afraid I don't rate Kane much. I just don't think he's progressed that much over the past couple of seasons.

Seriously? He was like a rabbit in the headlights the first few times he got first team action. He's definitely a lot better now I think. Whether he can go further or is good enough is still out to decide though.

I think the movements in the transfer window were evidence enough that Poch is reasonably happy with the strike force and so addressed the leaking defence more urgently. Come January Poch will hopefully continue to build the team he wants and address any issues, such as the Strikers, should he feel it necessary.
Too much change in one go can quite often prove no good. All the midfield we brought in, initially didn't gel as expected for example

I'm afraid I don't rate Kane much. I just don't think he's progressed that much over the past couple of seasons.
I wish I could speak more highly of him as I like seeing youngsters coming through, but I just can't see him cutting it in the premier league.
I agreed that Soldado should start against Sunderland because Ade looked out of sorts, plus his extra games and travelling, and Soldado has a lot to prove.. He's chomping at the bit and will give everything, given the chance.
Yes, I do like the 3 behind the striker and yes it will bring goals, I'm also for having the option of reverting to two strikers when needed, ie if the system is not working or we are chasing the game.

I guess this all looks like I'm being negative but it's not generally the case, I very rarely slate anyone or anything to do with the club.. I was Anti AVB, as were you, other than that I'm usually more possitive than most, but I really do think we will regret tackling a long season with, Ade, Soldado and Kane as our strike force.
This is indeed my opinion and one I would love to be proved wrong.

Harry Kane has shown great progress over the last 6-12 months, if you can't see that you're blind as a bat. If you're not going to give your academy players a chance when they've shown the type of progress Kane has then what's the point of having it?

Just this season he's already set up the winner against wet spam and scored the winner against ael away(lovely finish) plus just the other day he stuck a late winner away for England u-21s away in lithuania. Couple that with his end of season form last year and it's clear to see the bloke has made massive strides on the pitch. TBH you're just coming across abit desperate to have a wee whine. The only match Kane hasn't played in this season we got tanked.

We sign a striker. We moan about our defence. We buy defenders. We moan about the strikers.

We moan about Schniederlin for 8 weeks, then totally stop talking about him and ONLY moan about a striker.......who we didnt moan about until transfer deadline day.....when welbeck was linked......even though he´s shit.......its still a disaster we didnt get him.......

:eriksenserious:

We moan about Schniederlin for 8 weeks, then totally stop talking about him and ONLY moan about a striker.......who we didnt moan about until transfer deadline day.....when welbeck was linked......even though he´s shit.......its still a disaster we didnt get him.......

:eriksenserious:

looked well shit yesterday too :adewtf:

Human psychology Sammy. At it's most basic, 'people always want what they can't have.' You can apply it anything, a girl, a new car, etc. I borrowed this:-

"WHEN YOU DON’T GET WHAT YOU WANT, YOU WANT IT EVEN MORE.
Here are three reasons why this is so:

1. Heightened attention: When something is hard to get (or forbidden) you immediately pay more attention to it. Notice that when you are on a restricted diet, you sometimes get too focused on what you “can’t” eat. This heightened attention -- which can escalate into obsession -- makes the forbidden food seem very important. Your inner brat takes advantage of this, and tries to convince you that you MUST have that chocolate or pizza.

2. Perceived scarcity: When something is scarce or in short supply, its perceived value increases. You want it more because you think other people also want it. If you’ve ever bid at auctions or on eBay, you know the experience of that last-minute excitement as you watch the bids spiral upward. The more people who bid, the more you’re willing to pay for the item. Your inner brat wants it at any price.

3. “Psychological Reactance”: People don’t like to be told they can’t have or can’t do something. It’s related to not wanting to be controlled by others, especially if the situation feels unfair or arbitrary. The “reactance” is both emotional and behavioral.

The emotional part is your inner brat saying, “Oh yeah? I can’t have what I want? Just try and stop me!"

The Schneiderlin situation sums up the inner brat perfectly to me. All the lemmings running around like the world was going to end if we didn't sign him when.................he wasn't even for sale.

Ah I see, so we got tanked by Liverpool because Kane wasn't playing.. It's al becoming clear now..

I'm not having a wee whine at all, it's called having an opinion. I always thought the idea of a forum was for people to air their opinion, obviously got it all wrong..

no we got tanked by liverpoo because they're far more stable and a better run football club than us at present with a philosophy that's been in place for going on 3 seasons now

mate you're opinion in this thread is ridiculous and makes you look like a spoilt man child

we've got 3 first team number 9s on our books but you want one more :levylol:

anyway to each his own, this little discussion has run its course

Back
Top Bottom