Jose In Or Out 2021 Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose In or Out?

• Total voters
He was employed to deliver trophies, so I say give him until the end of the season. A trophy may just about enable him to cling on and improve the team/squad in the summer.

If we've won nothing by June (as is quite possible) he should go.

Employing a new manager now might give us a very short term 'dead cat bounce', but it won't solve our problems. Only talented, motivated footballers in our weak areas will do that.

He was employed to deliver trophies, so I say give him until the end of the season. A trophy may just about enable him to cling on and improve the team/squad in the summer.

Employing a new manager now might give us a very short term 'dead cat bounce', but it won't solve our problems. Only talented, motivated footballers in our weak areas will do that.
'dead cat bounce' never heard that saying before. 😃

'dead cat bounce' never heard that saying before. 😃
I think it's normally used to describe the tiny financial revival seen by economies when they dive into a recession - short-lived and minimal - before they continue the downward trend.

Agreed. Also it is better for a new manager to come in with a fresh slate. No major covid restrictions. No final to fail at with inherited players. But I’d hope Levy is talking to the right replacements now and arranging it.

Last edited:

Agree with the first part but I would move Mourinho on in the summer irrespective of whether we win the League cup or our league form improves. It's obvious we need a massive rebuild and Mourinho should not be in charge of that. He would be an obstacle to achieving the change we need.

Agree with the first part but I would move Mourinho on in the summer irrespective of whether we win the League cup or our league form improves. It's obvious we need a massive rebuild and Mourinho should not be in charge of that. He would be an obstacle to achieving the change we need.
Liked your post, but can you say why you think Mourinho would be an obstacle to achieving change? Not sure I get that.

Liked your post, but can you say why you think Mourinho would be an obstacle to achieving change? Not sure I get that.
In short, I don't think JM is what we need now or in the next several years.

Roughly in descending order:

1. Mourinho even at his absolute peak was a three-year term manager. I believe we need someone to come in and give the team a new shape and identity, and as we need to rebuild the team it's an excellent opportunity to employ a candidate with a longer-term vision.

2. Related to this point, in terms of the team's identity I am not sure we will be able to build a style that reflects the traditions of the club or that will provide something we want to watch. I don't think Mourinho has shown he can adapt his tactics enough to provide this positive, attacking style.

3. JM has been very successful but he has nearly always operated with a transfer budget that is near the top of the league in terms of overall spend. I'm not sure we can offer him that.

4. More of a reach here, but I'm not sure the combative approach he is starting to offer will have a good effect on the dressing room, and it might make us a less attractive prospect to those looking to sign or big players we want to sign new contracts. There seems to be a negative energy around the club as well as in the fanbase at the moment.

I might be wrong on 4) especially but more confident of 1-3.

In spite of all that I still think there's a rationale for letting him play out the season and seeing if he can bring us cup success (taken us to at least one final).

Certainly has questions to answer.
I get the fact that there’s nowt we can do about the owners, but it’s on them. They set the necessary standards. Levy and Enic are happy as long as the money looks good (and why shouldn’t they be).

Already talk on Twitter about us keeping an eye on Nagelsmann. Won’t make a difference. Just another manager for ENIC to chew through.

This change came post the pikeys, and ever since then it really has been a horrendous spectacle. We played pretty well prior to that result. Why can't we get back to that level? Surely everyone would be happier?

How long do we have to wait to see him out the club? I don’t fucking care how much they have to pay him, just sack him. Sell one of your boats if you have to you fucking greedy cunts

The lowest league win percentage of any Spurs manager since Ramos. Changed my vote. Out. Now. Why are we putting up with this? Nobody else would get away with it. Get an interim. Let Ledley have a go. Let Kevin the cleaner give it a go. Let a fucking sock puppet on the end of a broom have a go. Anybody but this has-been.

Back
Top Bottom